Status
Not open for further replies.

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, Texas
deadheadvet said:
Sorry if I missed species of tortoises, but things to always try:
Romaine, strawberries, mazuri tortoise diet, marion zoological (my tortoises love it), cactus pad chopped up. Get the temp up to 90. They are more likely to eat when they are warmer. Baytril will definitely affect appetite. Worse case scenario, you could have a feeding tube put in until her appetite comes back. I know a vet in El Paso if your vet isn't experienced to do it. I've shipped tortoises to him for CT scans and stuff. Kelly has done the same. Hope that helps.

Thank you :D Jerry Lee is actually on day two of eating a nice big breakfast!! He seems to LOVE yellow squash so he has had that and spring mix....I am so relieved-but thank you for the info-the vet here in San Antonio is not that great....

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
MildredsMommy said:
deadheadvet said:
Sorry if I missed species of tortoises, but things to always try:
Romaine, strawberries, mazuri tortoise diet, marion zoological (my tortoises love it), cactus pad chopped up. Get the temp up to 90. They are more likely to eat when they are warmer. Baytril will definitely affect appetite. Worse case scenario, you could have a feeding tube put in until her appetite comes back. I know a vet in El Paso if your vet isn't experienced to do it. I've shipped tortoises to him for CT scans and stuff. Kelly has done the same. Hope that helps.

Thank you :D Jerry Lee is actually on day two of eating a nice big breakfast!! He seems to LOVE yellow squash so he has had that and spring mix....I am so relieved-but thank you for the info-the vet here in San Antonio is not that great....

Yay!

Life is good

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
San Antonio, Texas
theelectraco said:
Any update?

Thank you for asking-today was Jerry Lee's third day eating a nice breakfast after his soak! I did notice he had a teeny bit of a runny nose so I made sure he was nice and cozy warm when I left this morning. I am so relived, but at the same time cautious-he has certainly schooled me in the art of patience. Thankfully all of y'all are so great with advice I feel MUCH more confident taking care of him now :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's great news. Just don't forget, your never alone in these battles. There are soooo many overly given members here that are more the willing to help day and night. Keep up the good work. Proud of you for forging on.

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
San Antonio, Texas
wellington said:
That's great news. Just don't forget, your never alone in these battles. There are soooo many overly given members here that are more the willing to help day and night. Keep up the good work. Proud of you for forging on.

Thank you-that means a lot :D

Status
Not open for further replies.