I think my ibera died...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally Franklin Christie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Montana USA
I had her or him out for a soak.

She took two gulps of water, yawned, laid her head down and simply stopped moving.

I put her back into the enclosure and she isn't responding.

My son says she is gone.

I am still hoping she or he is sleeping.

Sally whose Tort doesn't have a name...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That sounds terrible. Not sure how or what could have happened. I hope s/he is just really tired and will wake up soon. So sorry though:(

grantb1

5 Year Member
I'm not an expert by any means, but are its limbs (head specifically) sprawled out or tucked in? I don't really know but maybe this could be an indicator? I'm sorry I'm sure this must be very scary :/

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm so sorry to hear that. It does sound as if the tortoise has died. Just curious, how deep was the water?

Sally Franklin Christie

5 Year Member
Montana USA
emysemys said:
I'm so sorry to hear that. It does sound as if the tortoise has died. Just curious, how deep was the water?

It was warm shallow water and because I thought he or she might be constipated I was right there the whole time.

I nudged it, put it back to bask and brought it out. One little back leg twitched. It has its little head out arms out but bent at the elbows and little back legs out.

My son says she or he is most certainly dead and he turned off the lights and heat.

I keep wanting to nudge it.

I called the retailer and the wife half was very nice. She said she would have a word with Mr. and be calling me back.

I so want to do this again.

My little sister died on Saturday and this is about all I can handle...

I'll keep looking and then I suppose I'll lay her or him to rest in the back yard.

Thanks!
Sally

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Sooooooo sorry for the loss of your little sister and your ibera

algoroth1

5 Year Member
South Florida
Sally Franklin Christie said:
emysemys said:

It was warm shallow water and because I thought he or she might be constipated I was right there the whole time.

I nudged it, put it back to bask and brought it out. One little back leg twitched. It has its little head out arms out but bent at the elbows and little back legs out.

My son says she or he is most certainly dead and he turned off the lights and heat.

I keep wanting to nudge it.

I called the retailer and the wife half was very nice. She said she would have a word with Mr. and be calling me back.

I so want to do this again.

My little sister died on Saturday and this is about all I can handle...

I'll keep looking and then I suppose I'll lay her or him to rest in the back yard.

Thanks!
Sally

Dear Sally,
So sorry to hear about your sister's passing. I hope you'll find healing with family and friends. Maybe raising a new tort will help take your mind off your loss a little. May you be granted comfort,
Ron

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
My Leopard died somewhat like this :( I just didn't want to believe he was gone, he was acting like your's just lethargic. Then he slowly just slipped away. Im so sorry I did the same thing (basking and nudging) I cried my eyes out the first 3 days. So sorry :(

Happy Tortoise

5 Year Member
I am so sorry... I remember when Torti died. :'( I hope she is okay and only sleeping... I am hoping hoping hoping...

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
I'm so sorry, that is a truly terrible week. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
((((HUGS))))) to you. I lost my big brother a few months ago so I can truly sympathize wth you. So sorry about your little tortoise friend too.

dds7155

5 Year Member
Really really sorry for the lost of your sister, and your tortoise,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.