Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Itort said:
With a six foot goldfish the herons should start disappearing. LOL

LOL!! :p I re-read my post and that's how I read it too! Of course, you know that I meant there are about 6 of them in there and they're about a foot long!!

Jason: My pond is just a big hole dug by a backhoe and filled with water. Occasionally I have to run a filter to aerate and oxygenate the water (when I notice the fish sucking air on the surface), but it plugs up daily from all the sludge and mud. I would love to have a waterfall and maybe one day if I ever have any money, I can scrap this pond and start over and do it right.

Yvonne

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I was just out by my pond today.. lots of frogs and a whole new group of small mosquito fish... Used tohave perch, but they have been gone for years..

jdub

5 Year Member
Oh yah! i still have a whole bucket full of bio media sphere's and an old uv light if you want it. I have no use for them and they're just sitting around. The bio media is used in the fish filters to culture bacteria to remove ammonia contents from fish poo. There was a little crack on the UV-Light tube but i sealed it with silicone and it should work fine. It still also has the uv-light bulb. You can have them Yvonne if you you're interested.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
jdub said:
Oh yah! i still have a whole bucket full of bio media sphere's and an old uv light if you want it. I have no use for them and they're just sitting around. The bio media is used in the fish filters to culture bacteria to remove ammonia contents from fish poo. There was a little crack on the UV-Light tube but i sealed it with silicone and it should work fine. It still also has the uv-light bulb. You can have them Yvonne if you you're interested.

The filter that I have is a Pondmaster 1000. I don't know if that motor would hook up with your bucket of speres. Where are you located?

Yvonne

jdub

5 Year Member
Not sure if you've heard of a city named Rosemead but its near Los Angeles. If and whenever you have the time i could show you how i set up my pond. =)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
jdub said:
Not sure if you've heard of a city named Rosemead but its near Los Angeles. If and whenever you have the time i could show you how i set up my pond. =)

I would love that. Let me get back to you later this afternoon after I'm finished with my chores.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.