I think my Russian is a Greek - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

akbecker

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Thornton, CO
Hi,
I bought this "Russian" from a petstore - and I was told it was a Russian Tortoise. However, I just adopted 2 more Russians from a local society, and those 2 look a lot different than the store bougth one. They look more like hamburgers, and the store bought one has a taller shell and more distrinct shell coloring - I've attached pictures of the store bought one.
I even took it to a specialized vet for a general welfare check-up and told her it was a Russian, and she didn't blink an eye, but maybe she didn't think to question it... not sure what to make of that.

Please help! I know I know, I FULLY understand that if it is a separate species it will need to be separated.
Thanks!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I think pictures of the tortoise in question are needed, or even all 3 tortoises. Tops and bottoms of shells. That would really help.

akbecker

5 Year Member
Thornton, CO
Sorry, I added pics, but I'm new to the forum. Maybe I can't attach pics yet? Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I went to "New Attachement" and clicked "Browse" found my pics - they are small. Then clicked "Add Attachment" and nothing happens...

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: I think my Russian is a Greek - Help!

lynnedit said:
I think pictures of the tortoise in question are needed, or even all 3 tortoises. Tops and bottoms of shells. That would really help.

This, please :)

Sent from my TFOapp

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
After you click "add attachment" wait for a bit and you will see a new line just below the "add attachment" line, and you should select "insert into post."

Then select "post thread."

Status
Not open for further replies.