I think my tort is sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lynnwood, WA
So sorry to hear :( I really thought he would do fine. I will miss seeing pictures of him!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
I'm sorry. Know you did the best. Often times when babies don't make it, it has nothing to do with their current care, and more to do with the prior care.

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
I am so sorry!!!! I nearly cried reading it especially seeing his pics! You did all you could dont blame yourself. He's in a better place now, and he's not suffering just know that he's ok now. Are you considering getting another tort? I think it helps heal the pain. I have 2 sullies since October and I love them so much and I know you loved Mike and I can't tell you how sorry I am. I've lost 3 beardies and I'm so determined to not slack and have a perfect healthy long lived tort. If something were to happen I think I would give up. But I didn't and I helped Molly when she was sick and I'm so happy. Maybe another kind and more research. I'm so sorry any thing we are here for you!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
So sorry Karly!! You tried so hard to save Mike. I feel so bad for you. (((Hugs)))

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Southern California
Sorry for your loss. It sounds like you did everything you could have done for him and I hope your heart finds peace. I pray that you will find the courage to have a tort again if only for the clear fact that you have a lot of love to give and surely there is a tort out there in need of a caring owner like you.

karleyreed

5 Year Member
laney said:
Hi,

How are you holding up?
I hope you will still stick around on the forum :)

Heya. I keep checking it now and then. I complained to the pet shop owner I got mike from, I never liked that guy anyway, he said he would give me another tort free of charge. I'm optimistic about his offer as it will be another baby more than likely. Don't know if I can put myself through that again. I buried Mike today. Got a tort ornament, a lamp and a candle for his grave, lit a lantern and sent it off too. Buried him in a nice box with his flannel to keep him warm when he passes. It's weird because since mike died, a lot or strange things have been happening! I came home today and the light in his enclosure was on and no one was in the house. I just think its him telling us he's sticking around in spirit :)
686CAB56-19B0-4520-80EE-D410920BA26F-2367-00000268397BF0FD_zps203460f5.jpg

2846DDDD-CB33-4478-903E-57CD51C1AF6C-2367-000002684419AC71_zpsf6b80853.jpg

EED73EE4-6BAB-4EB5-B01E-51C6EDAAFFFB-2367-000002684867AB9F_zpse4b49b6a.jpg

1AB98C90-F671-429C-A8C1-9894252B4251-2367-000002684C6DE9B8_zpse14b0581.jpg

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
karleyreed said:
Heya. I keep checking it now and then. I complained to the pet shop owner I got mike from, I never liked that guy anyway, he said he would give me another tort free of charge. I'm optimistic about his offer as it will be another baby more than likely. Don't know if I can put myself through that again. I buried Mike today. Got a tort ornament, a lamp and a candle for his grave, lit a lantern and sent it off too. Buried him in a nice box with his flannel to keep him warm when he passes. It's weird because since mike died, a lot or strange things have been happening! I came home today and the light in his enclosure was on and no one was in the house. I just think its him telling us he's sticking around in spirit :)

Good to hear from ya :)
That's really beautiful what you have done to remember little mike <3
Only you can decide whether to get another or not, I think it was just bad luck about mike as he seemed to be doing well to start with. If it was me I think I'd want a little time to absorb before getting another but definitely would in time, but if you are up for it then go for it :). It will never replace mike but there's always gona be space in you heart for a new little tort :)

karleyreed

5 Year Member
laney said:
Good to hear from ya :)
That's really beautiful what you have done to remember little mike <3
Only you can decide whether to get another or not, I think it was just bad luck about mike as he seemed to be doing well to start with. If it was me I think I'd want a little time to absorb before getting another but definitely would in time, but if you are up for it then go for it :). It will never replace mike but there's always gona be space in you heart for a new little tort :)

Yeah I know, which makes me think it was my fault lol. I don't wanna put another tort through that If I was to blame :/ I'm not rushing into anything, And if I did decide to get one in the future, I would get an older tort. Babies are very hard work. There will always be a place in my heart for a new tort, maybe again one day. But for now I'm going to continue my research.

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
karleyreed said:
Yeah I know, which makes me think it was my fault lol. I don't wanna put another tort through that If I was to blame :/ I'm not rushing into anything, And if I did decide to get one in the future, I would get an older tort. Babies are very hard work. There will always be a place in my heart for a new tort, maybe again one day. But for now I'm going to continue my research.

It wasn't your fault Hun, you done your best for him. I think he just had something underlying, even the vet couldn't find anything obvious, I know it's hard but try not to feel guilty.
I think it is really responsible to keep doing research :) I was told Russians were slightly easier to care for so that's why I have started with them, I don't have others to compare them to but they are meant to be quite hardy.
Add me on Facebook if you ain't gona be around here much (laney davidson) if you want :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Karley, seeing Mike again, reading the posts, seeing what you did for him after he passed tore at my heart and I cried like I had lost one of my own. You discourse back and forth to various members was unbelievable. You was so strong and determined to help Mikey get through this, you need to reflect on what good things you did for him. The proof is on this forum! We all want you to keep posting here even if it's to read about others experiences. You can learn so much from what others do or don't do. Just think about this. Imagine knowing exactly what to do or what to look for when you do get a other tort! You can always email me through here. It was a pleasure knowing about Mike and you.

karleyreed

5 Year Member
Thank you laney and sibi! Really does mean a lot, and I'm glad that mike and i have had such an affect on people. At least that means something to me. Funny thing, it was very windy here last night, and the little tea light candle I put out for mike is still burning this morning!! I can't quite believe it! Mike is a huge miss to all of the family, and one day, I hope I can make another tort very happy! I don't have Facebook laney :/ but thanks for asking. I will pop on here from time to time. I like to see updates of how things are going. X

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Wow! What you did for Mike was just beautiful and amazing! I think you will be a wonderful mom some day......some day :) You have a big heart. Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.