I think Yoshi (RT) is ill? I'M WORRIED

daniellenc

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Also radicchio and red leaf lettuce possibly especially if she liked those prior. I wish I knew the magic food but red flowers like hibiscus, rose of Sharon, or even marigolds? Hasta flowers purple but another fav here if you have access.

cheerios586

Graham, Washington
Also radicchio and red leaf lettuce possibly especially if she liked those prior. I wish I knew the magic food but red flowers like hibiscus, rose of Sharon, or even marigolds? Hasta flowers purple but another fav here if you have access.
I'll try all of those. BAMBAM gave me a whole mess of plants and weeds to try, I'm sure some of those are mixed up in her bags she gave me, I'll have to look. :) Thank you!

Bambam1989

East Texas
I'll try all of those. BAMBAM gave me a whole mess of plants and weeds to try, I'm sure some of those are mixed up in her bags she gave me, I'll have to look. :) Thank you!
There are several types of flowers in there. Look in the bag that has nasturtiums in it, I believe there is a reddish flower from them in there. One my torts favorites.
If it's a hit, my nasturtiums are really starting to flower and I can get you more.

cheerios586

Graham, Washington
There are several types of flowers in there. Look in the bag that has nasturtiums in it, I believe there is a reddish flower from them in there. One my torts favorites.
If it's a hit, my nasturtiums are really starting to flower and I can get you more.
Hey I have GREAT news, she ate a little yellow flower out of bag #9, a leaf from the spring mix, and attacked the plant (easter cactus) by eating 2 leaves. Maybe she's coming out of her stupor or whatever was going on. Now she's behind the plant resting. haha

Attachments

• 20180619_161740.jpg
    20180619_161740.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 20180619_161750_001.jpg
    20180619_161750_001.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 20
  • 20180619_161759.jpg
    20180619_161759.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 16

Bambam1989

East Texas
Hey I have GREAT news, she ate a little yellow flower out of bag #9, a leaf from the spring mix, and attacked the plant (easter cactus) by eating 2 leaves. Maybe she's coming out of her stupor or whatever was going on. Now she's behind the plant resting. haha
Awesome!
The little yellow flowers are from a yellow loosestrife[emoji1]. My tort loves the leaves also.

creepy-crawler

5 Year Member
SoCal
What kind of tortoises do you have? Any Russians? How long have you had them?
i have a couple of russian, had them about 6 years, I also have a couple of redfoots and one box turtle and one sulcata, who is very young and gentle thing so far :) one of my adopted russians was dragging on sick for a while and even with antibiotics he is still in a very slow recovery, sometimes when their immune system is weak - it takes a long time to get better, mine though really got a cold i think that slowly grew into an RI and the recovery is forever, he didnt eat in a month but we are slowly working together on tomato juice baths and exercise so that he stays strong. i spent another hour removing the thick white cottage cheese like bacteria from his eyes last night - what a night, i am also rehabbing an opossum baby - so the nights are full of fun here:) I am glad your baby is back to normal :)our pets are our life :)

cheerios586

Graham, Washington
I hope she eats more and maybe you should start buying yellow loosestrife if she is only eating that.
Hi, gave Yoshi her bath and she hasn't eaten today. Gave her a variety of greens and flowers and had some cactus cut up in the freezer so thawed it out and offered her some of that too. Mushed up her favorite, butternut squash and a strawberry and spread it all over the cut up greens. She's now having some outside time and still has yet to touch her food. Hoping she'll eat later, maybe. She did drink in her bath and urinated what looked like runny egg whites. Hope that is normal.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Hi, gave Yoshi her bath and she hasn't eaten today. Gave her a variety of greens and flowers and had some cactus cut up in the freezer so thawed it out and offered her some of that too. Mushed up her favorite, butternut squash and a strawberry and spread it all over the cut up greens. She's now having some outside time and still has yet to touch her food. Hoping she'll eat later, maybe. She did drink in her bath and urinated what looked like runny egg whites. Hope that is normal.
The white in the urine is urates, as long as they are not chunky or gritty then it's good. Think toothpaste consistency or thinner.

cheerios586

Graham, Washington
Yoshi is roaming her outside pen. Just checked the temp and it's 78.6 in the shade. She's been a little more active today than usual, but I think she's trying to find a way out ha ha. It's suppose to get up to 89 or better today, how long should I keep her in her outside pen? What temp am I looking for to bring her in her indoor pen to cool off?

cheerios586

Graham, Washington
I guess I spoke too soon!!! Yoshi is at her dish now and eating!!! YAY She's picking through her food eating most the broadest leaved food and the purple'ish flower (I think it's clover not sure). I'm so happy, there may be some hope, yet. Maybe she wasn't ill and all she needed was the UVB rays and outside time. I'm so excited.

Bambam1989

East Texas
I guess I spoke too soon!!! Yoshi is at her dish now and eating!!! YAY She's picking through her food eating most the broadest leaved food and the purple'ish flower (I think it's clover not sure). I'm so happy, there may be some hope, yet. Maybe she wasn't ill and all she needed was the UVB rays and outside time. I'm so excited.
If she really likes something and you would like to know exactly what it is, just snap a pic and I'll let you know.
So glad she is eating! Go Yoshi[emoji106]