I want to adopt box turtle(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Hello my name is david and I want to adopt box turtle(s). I would prefer a male female pair but I am more than willing to adopt a single male or female. I personally have owned box turtles in my younger years, ( poorly constructed cages) when I was young allowed them to escape. I now have a cinderblock enclosure with sunk in plastic edging to prevent escapees. I am a member of the C.T.T.C ( California Turtle and Tortoise Club). I have owned turtles and tortoises for obvver 25 years now, and I still have my first red ear slider I bought. I no longer buy them due to the amounts currently being dumped in calif waterways. There are always plenty of red ears up for adoption in my club. I currently have 1 Calif desert tortoise (with permit), 1 african spur tostoise, 2 russians, 10 red ear sliders in their own pond. I rasie my own earthworms and nightcrawlers and I grow my own turtle food, Grape leaves, hibiscus flowers radish tops and the like. I am currentyl tryign to start my own sanil typr farm so I can always have a wide range of food always avaiable for my torts and turtles. If you wiould consider me to adopt your box turtle or If you know of someone who has to get rid of the boxie for any reason please let me know, Sorry I rambled on for so long and thank you. Sincerly, David P.S. I will not buy any boxies since I do not believe in continued depopulation of native species. thank you also species doe snot really matter I can handle 3toeds floridas and others I just do not want to mix the diff species. thank you again and have a nice day.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi David: Where are you located?

Yvonne

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!