I want to provide the best for King Benny

MakAttak

Location (City and/or State)
Denver, CO
King Benny is my new baby Sulcata. I don't know exactly how old he is, I've had him for a month now but he's roughly only 2 inches "big" (measured from underneath his shell from front to back of him). I grew up having tortoises, box turtles and aquatic turtles although I have to admit I was very inexperienced with all my previous ones because I was a lot younger and never really had someone to show me the proper way to take care of them (it was basically store bought brand name foods or just regular romain lettuce,a water dish and a heat lamp, no vitamins or UVB light, sadly nothing like that). All my turtles/tortoises lived several years before I either lost them (they ran away while unsupervised in a huge yard), or had to rehome them due to moving and lack of space for their big aquarium tanks and one passed away but I never really found out why, Anyways, I am much older now, wiser and have a lot of helpful resources, such as this forum, at my fingertips so now that I have my new little guy I want to make sure I do the very best I can for him.

I don't know what else to write in this introduction but I guess here's a little more background of King Benny and I.

We live in a tiny apartment in Denver, Colorado. Since he is still very small/young I am ok with having him here in this tiny place but my plan is to buy a house within a year or two (at most) and build him something so much bigger and better outside. For now I have him in just a regular store bought "tortoise house" with no alterations done to it yet, but the tortoise house is enclosed in a huge wire dog crate due to having 4 rambunctious cats (2 are still kittens). I also have 2 small dogs but the dogs are older and have no interest in King Benny in any way, they just like to lay on the couch.

I have bee doing a lot of reading online throughout several different sites to get all the right information to provide King Benny with everything he needs which is what brings me to this forum. This forum has been very helpful so far as I have read a lot of conversations posted but I still have a few questions of my own that I have yet to find helpful tips for. So with that I will start a new post in regards to that and any other questions I may have

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

Have you found the stickies posted at the top of the Sulcata section?

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas