I was up on the roof this a.m.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

LindaF

5 Year Member
I am so jealous! You have so much room and such a nice area for your torts and turtles!

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgetown, TX
Yvonne...my gutters need cleaning. It's too hot for me to go out and try..but feel free to take some pictures while you are up there. :D

Love your pictures, love how you have utilized all of your property for your torts and other gardening pleasures.

Agree you are a brave woman to go up there to clean and shoot these shots for us.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Nice pics so you have to climb up there and clean them off? you can just use a water hose or something and wash them off?

Cfr200

10 Year Member!
Springfield, Mo
Very nice, except I always have mixed feelings about Clovis. For 5 years in a row I did a bicycle ride that started and ended there called the Climb to Kaiser. A very tough 150 mile course and it way always seemed to be about about 110F because it is done at the end of June. I would think the area is great for tortoises not so great for cyclist at least in the summer.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
dmmj said:
Nice pics so you have to climb up there and clean them off? you can just use a water hose or something and wash them off?

Its the same thing about when you just use the hose to squirt off your car. When it dries, you still have a dusty car. Same with the panels. If you only squirt them, when they dry its still dusty, but dry, clinging dust. So I have a swimming pool, extending rod with a car washing brush attached to the end of it. I just stand on the peak of the roof and let gravity push off the dust while I push and pull the brush back and forth. Tell the truth, I'm really glad my neighbor has taken the job from me. I don't like it.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
.....and to think this whole time I thought Yvonne was up there waving around cause' it's Flag Day ! :p;):):rolleyes::p

JD~:D

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Yvonne, I am so envious. What a wonderful property. Thank you for posting the pictures of your tortoise farm. Bet it is a lot of work keeping it all up. Kudos for getting the solar panels. Wish we could do that here but when you live with a homeowners association it gets difficult to get approval.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Yvonne- your property is amazing. If I ever came to visit, I would be like a kid in a candy store. I wouldn't even know where to start or stop and you'd have a hard time getting rid of me. So many different species I would be absolutely fascinated. Thank you so much for sharing. Someday I want to be like you!!!<3

68merc

10 Year Member!
Fresno, CA
Having been to your house its cool to sesee the pictures. I still want to come see the box turtles and Hannah got a kick out of the soft shell turtles. I think my next pond will be for them.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Amazing! You have a beautiful and huge property Yvonne!!! I wish I could have a piece of land as huge as yours :). You are so brave by the way, glad to hear your neighbour usually do it for you :) !!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jordan:

Sorry...the new, temporary redfoot pen is behind the garage, and not visible from the roof.

While I've got you here, have you ever wondered if the bigger one (is that Millie?) is male? She is looking to have the beginnings of an hour-glass figure.

I'm not good with sexing the south American tortoises, so I can't tell from the tail or anal scutes.

Here's where they're living (picture from another thread):

drcausmonaut-3.jpg

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
emysemys said:
Hi Jordan:

Sorry...the new, temporary redfoot pen is behind the garage, and not visible from the roof.

While I've got you here, have you ever wondered if the bigger one (is that Millie?) is male? She is looking to have the beginnings of an hour-glass figure.

I'm not good with sexing the south American tortoises, so I can't tell from the tail or anal scutes.

Here's where they're living (picture from another thread):

drcausmonaut-3.jpg

I hope Millie stays a girl... the vet, my personal analysis, and several of the community members here said she was a female the last time I went in to the vet/posted a picture on here... of course, people can always be wrong! You are a tort expert!

Maybe a repost of her is needed for forum examination?

Status
Not open for further replies.