I weighed and measured all my RT's today

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
I have no purpose for sharing this information with you other than sheer boredom! ROFL! But LMK if anything seems "strange" to you!

Varda (f) - 2 lb .4 oz; 6 3/8 inches

Calypso (f) - 1 lb 13.8 oz; 6 5/16 inches

Mithril (f) - 1 lb 6 oz; 5.5 inches

Roland (m) - 1 lb .2 oz; 4 13/16 inches

Billy (m) - 1 lb .2 oz; 4 9/16 inches (he weighs the same as Roland but is shorter... but his shell is much rounder and fuller whereas Roland is a bit flatter)

Hurley (m) - 1 lb; 4.75 inches

Carmine (f) - 11.4 oz; 4 5/16 inches

Elentari (f) - 10.8 oz; 4 1/8 inches

Carmine and El are the only ones I've kept measurements on in the past, and Carmine has grown 3/16 of an inch since August and El has grown 1/8 of an inch, and both have put on about 2 ounces!

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Wow, what an undertaking! It is fun and educational to see the variety of lengths and weights.

Thanks for posting this information!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Kelly, I am hoping to start doing this myself next week. You have inspired me!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Keeping weights on all your torts is a wise thing to do. It's easy to glance at the card (I keep each animal on a separate index card) and see what is happening with your animal. You might think your animal has grown or maybe loss weight, but this way you know for sure. Can be helpful in early detection of problems.

With your females a sudden amount of missing weight, might also lead you to a hunt for buried treasure (eggs).:D

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I weigh my little ones weekly and my adults monthly and I keep a book (binder) on each if they (I plan for them to) outlive me my daughter (who has agreed to take them all) or grandkids will have all the info on them -or who ever gets them.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
How much weight should they continue to gain?

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
We weighed and measured them all again today! Weights are a little lower on all but two, BUT we've been feeding them a bit less because we realized we have some CHUBBY Russians (oops), and also we did it later in the day...

Not much noticeable growth except on Roland who is 3/16th of an inch bigger (yes that matters to me, LOL!, because now he's BREEDING SIZE... ROFL 5 inches!) and Billy... Billy who is supposedly having health issues with worms, etc... is 1/4 of an inch bigger! (And he looks it, too!) Yay Billy! Way to grow! (he he he)

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
I am glad to hear your group is doing so well:D

Status
Not open for further replies.