i will be picking my 3 month sulcata tortoises

Jayme

New to this what all do I need when I bring home my babies? Please any help would be great.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
when you pick out your tortoise you want one active, eating and clear eyes.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jayme, and welcome to the Forum!

I wish we could have spoken with you prior to your buying more than one sulcata tortoise. Now you're going to have to be very attentive to them, and watch them carefully. Tortoises are solitary creatures, and they neither want nor need other tortoises in their habitat. So watch for any signs that one or more of them are hiding more often, maybe not eating, staying in a corner and not moving too much. And plan for the future, because for sure when they get to be sexually mature, there's going to be fighting, and you will definitely need more than one yard for them.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA

I wish we could have spoken with you prior to your buying more than one sulcata tortoise. Now you're going to have to be very attentive to them, and watch them carefully. Tortoises are solitary creatures, and they neither want nor need other tortoises in their habitat. So watch for any signs that one or more of them are hiding more often, maybe not eating, staying in a corner and not moving too much. And plan for the future, because for sure when they get to be sexually mature, there's going to be fighting, and you will definitely need more than one yard for them.
I think he)snr means 3 month old sulcata

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
nevermind I didn't read the plural sorry

Jayme

I didn't know that it was an bad idea to have more then one.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I didn't know that it was an bad idea to have more then one.
True. This is something that really surprised me when I was researching, after I bought my beloved Greek tort. 'What?!' I thought, when I read: 'Torts do NOT like company.'

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I operate a tortoise rescue. The majority of the sulcatas that are turned in to me come with the story, "They fight all the time."