I will FINALLY be getting my first tortoise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurtlePunk

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OC, California
Im SOOO excited!! I have had many turtles over the years but NEVER a tortoise and I'm not quite sure why!
Come Tuesday I will have a Leopard Tortoise hatchling! Just can't wait!

anyways, a little about myself, my name is Sarah and I'm in Southern California where it's nice and warm =)

I have many reptiles and am excited about FINALLY owning a tortoise! :tort::tort::tort::D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome Sarah!! Oh wow, you have got to be really excited! What kind(s) of turtles have you had? How did you decide to take the plunge and get a tortoise, and why a Leopard?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Hello and welcome! A Leopard is a fine choice! I like my sully Cooper tho! :) and my russian girl Ophelia too! Somebody on here (my memory just sucks out loud) has leo/sully mix, they are very cute! Hope you have a great time with your new baby!! :)

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
cemmons12 said:
Hello and welcome! A Leopard is a fine choice! I like my sully Cooper tho! :) and my russian girl Ophelia too! Somebody on here (my memory just sucks out loud) has leo/sully mix, they are very cute! Hope you have a great time with your new baby!! :)

N2TORTS has the Leopracattas!! Half leopard half Sulcata :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
welcome to the family!!! be sure you are all ready when your baby comes home.. and a good warm soak when it gets there...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Sarah:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

TurtlePunk

5 Year Member
OC, California
Thanks everyone! I've been wanting a tortoise forEVER!
I've had mostly sliders and musk turtles, many of them given to me because they were unwanted (friends would give them to me after getting them from fairs and carnivals) Lots of them came to me in pretty bad conditions but nothing that proper UV, nutrition and basking spots won't fix. =)

I have always LOVED the leopard tortoises because of their GORGEOUS shell patterns, and of course the size they reach. I LOVE big reptiles.
been doing LOADS of research on these guys and I fall more and more in love with them.
Can't wait to start a little garden for him (or her). I LOVE gardening.

I ordered the little tortoise from Ben Siegel and will be shipped out on Monday for Tuesday arrival. I have all the stuff for his set-up, just gotta set it up =)

Status
Not open for further replies.