I would like to see some sleeping enclosures

Location (City and/or State)
Denmark
Hi, i would love to see some of your sleeping enclosures since i am currently building my own for my indoor enclosure and would love some extra inspiration.

Otherwise, have a great day.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I see that no one has commented on your post, probably because "sleeping enclosures" are pretty much the same in indoor habitats.
Most people use half log hides, boxes, or flower pots half buried in the substrate, or even plastic bins upside down with a hole cut for an entrance.
If it's not a hatchling, some torts like to just burrow into the substrate, or nestle in under a plant.
What kind of tortoise do you have, and how old? Is this a tort table or a closed chamber?
If you just look around on this forum you will find many pictures of every kind of enclosure.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A good sleeping shelter for an indoor enclosure is a plain, old dish pan from Walmart with a door cut out of the lip of one end.

e00c2e3e-a90e-430b-97e6-e43aa78b4303_2.1b41799d999c23644543148abbfc8862.jpeg

The sides are too steep for him to climb, so no tipping danger, and you can pack it with moist moss for a humid hide.

I have also used a short length of 10" PVC cut in half lengthwise.

Leopard Benawes a.jpg

The sides on the PVC are also no good to climb.

Denmark
I see that no one has commented on your post, probably because "sleeping enclosures" are pretty much the same in indoor habitats.
Most people use half log hides, boxes, or flower pots half buried in the substrate, or even plastic bins upside down with a hole cut for an entrance.
If it's not a hatchling, some torts like to just burrow into the substrate, or nestle in under a plant.
What kind of tortoise do you have, and how old? Is this a tort table or a closed chamber?
If you just look around on this forum you will find many pictures of every kind of enclosure.
sorry for late response i have 2 russians 1 3 year old and 1 4 year old and its a tort table and thanks for suggesting me to look a little deeper i will make your to do that :D

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Not sure if you mean a hide? I bought a small storage container at Walmart for $8 and cut a hole in the side big enough for my tort to go thru then packed it with Sphagnum moss and Cypress mulchIMG_20180925_184813172.jpgIMG_20180925_184801308.jpg

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Denmark
I don't know what store choices he has...he's in Denmark. But maybe Amazon could help him out?
Toddrick Its all good now i did mean a hideout thingy cause of the cold winter and i did find a box just like that in a danish store basically Walmart of Denmark if you could say so

Denmark
Not sure if you mean a hide? I bought a small storage container at Walmart for $8 and cut a hole in the side big enough for my tort to go thru then packed it with Sphagnum moss and Cypress mulchView attachment 252501View attachment 252502
Great idea i have bought a box just like now and i made a door instead of the hole you made but it works and now they can sleep thank you for your idea