ideal temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

eajspider

5 Year Member
Hi Bubble and squeak are enjoying their heat lamp after being kept in the dark in the pet shop . The lamp i am using is set a little lower then i anticipated as the clamp is so big which makes it hang low. The temperature under the lamp is 103 and to the far right side is 93 and in the hiding house to the left is 81, they have plenty of room to move about and several hours when they first arrived basking under the lamp and a couple of hours this morning to the side of the lamp, now they are both to the side of table

I will try to fix it so the lamp can go a bit higher but for now is the temperature ok , the room they are in has Ac and the temperature is 69 degrees will it be to cold for them at night with the lamp off.

cheers Omar and Emma

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
Those temperatures are pretty close to what they are in my enclosure. So far mine seem happy and healthy. :)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
It also help's to watch your tort's. If they are spending all day on the cool side your hot side might be too hot and vice versa.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What species and age are we talking about?

If we are talking about babies of any species with humidity present, I think 69 is too cold at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.