Identifying sex help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

karintorn

5 Year Member
I have some problem with identifying the sex of this little guy(or girl) named kumo. It wasn't a problem until i decided to find a friend of the opposite sex for kumo. I found the stickies about identifying the sex of redfoots but because kumo is still small i and its just not that clear to me. I think that kumo is probably a female. But just to be sure. What do you think. Or should i wait until its more clear.

image-1616291501.png

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Unfortunately, at that small size, it can't be determined. Only guessed and even then it can change.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Unfortunately, at that small size, it can't be determined. Only guessed and even then it can change.

Well' ya mean the guess changes ..... not the sex~:p
and yes that lil one is way to small to determine with 100% accuracy , but my strong guess without knowing hatching temps' would be a male .

JD~

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
:shy: yes, thank you, that's what I meant :D

karintorn said:
I have some problem with identifying the sex of this little guy(or girl) named kumo. It wasn't a problem until i decided to find a friend of the opposite sex for kumo. I found the stickies about identifying the sex of redfoots but because kumo is still small i and its just not that clear to me. I think that kumo is probably a female. But just to be sure. What do you think. Or should i wait until its more clear.

View attachment 32196

BTW, get at least two more. Then you have a better chance of getting one of each sex and if you don't, they have a better chance of getting along in the same enclosure. RF seem to be one of the more social torts.:D

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Treat it for shell rot and, if it developed in its current cage, fix the substrate situation.

karintorn

5 Year Member
Thanks alot for all of your suggestion. This really helped me out. And yes i am treating it for shell rot. When i first got it i found that it has the shell rot then i tried to no keep the enclosure too wet and that worked. But then i notice that redfoot needs to be mist often so i did and it came back again.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Baoh said:
Treat it for shell rot and, if it developed in its current cage, fix the substrate situation.

Yeah she has she'll rot. Try madkins site.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
mattgrizzlybear said:
Baoh said:

Yeah she has she'll rot. Try madkins site.

Do you have a link?

Bryan

10 Year Member!
mattgrizzlybear said:
Bryan said:
Do you have a link?

Tortoiselibrary.com

Thank you, I'm glad to see Madkins sharing all of the knowledge that he has to help his fellow tort keepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.