If a breeder is one who puts torts together to lay...

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
To get eggs , hatches eggs and sells the baby's . What am I cause I don't sell the baby's I keep them ?

immayo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ
A tortoise hoarder??? Haha jk

But seriously grandpa turtle you must go through a lot of bottled water :p

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Parrotlady
Thank you it was great there and I like the idea of a dinner for the people from the TFO next year .

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
I was saying we all should have put our forum names on our name tags so people would know who they were talking to! :)

Btw this is the cute little blonde girl that was sitting behind you in the van with Tyler, Tom & Neal

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Immayo
I know that I seen you at the meeting last year also . And your still " cute " and very smart about torts .

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Yes last year was my first year!
I'm glad to have talked to you this year and hear some of your take on torts! I am rather shy so I'm slowly expanding the people I know at the conference. I feel bad following around poor Tyler since he was my first friend there. Haha

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I don't feel bad , I believe in gene deverisity and I feel a smart person would rather trade a tort that they can sex . Then one they cannt . And things you do over and over you do better at . And raising torts is better then just selling them

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I wish that there was enough captive bred tortoises and box turtles and turtles etc. so that they would not be taken out of the wild. But I don't want an overpopulation either.I would love my tortoise and turtle to have babies if I knew they would go to good homes. but since there does not seem to be a male Russian or box turtle hanging around the house I guess it won't happen :)

Turtlepete

South Florida
Is this based off another thread….?

Your a breeder anyways. Breeder would be the term used to describe a person who produces more animals from adults they currently own…Whether or not they sell them for a profit is totally and completely irrelevant.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Of course, if you were a true hoarder the tortoises would be in bad shape and you wouldn't realize it. Your tortoises are not in bad shape so I guess you're just a breeder :) but not a hoarder.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I just think your definition of "breeder" is a little off Grandpa. One does not have to sell to be a breeder. Breeder and seller are two different titles that are sometimes held by the same person, and sometimes not. There are many sellers who are not breeders too.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Tom
I wouldn't say anything to make you angry with me your great . But in the "Topic" in search of female captive bred Russian tortoise . You did in the first sentence that a breeder is one who sells the baby's ( # 11) . So I wanted to know what I'm doing is called . Cause I don't think I'm a Hoarder

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tom
I wouldn't say anything to make you angry with me your great . But in the "Topic" in search of female captive bred Russian tortoise . You did in the first sentence that a breeder is one who sells the baby's ( # 11) . So I wanted to know what I'm doing is called . Cause I don't think I'm a Hoarder

Oh good heavens. I don't even remember that. Allow me to rephrase then? I would like to add the word "typically" in between the word "who" and "sells". Therefore someone who breeds but does not sell is not necessarily excluded from the title of "breeder".

There ya' go. You are a breeder but not a seller. :)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Thank you for answering my question and your still a great guy and have a great tort day .