If you all wouldnt mind...

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Hi Everyone,

To make a long story short, the last two days have been very trying. My grandmother has had two surgeries in two days....as it turns out weve located and removed a mass, turns out to be malignant. Unlike most people I was not raised by my parents I was raised by my grandparents, so I have been quite emotional the last couple of days.

Having said all that why I asked if some of you would not mind is this: I personally do not speak to God, nor do I believe in the existence of one. However my grandmother is a devout Catholic, for those of you that talk to God, perhaps you might in your prayers ask for some relief for her, she is not deserving of all this.

I may not be religious but I do believe in a connectivity between all of us, for those of you like me that don't pray, hoping really hard will be appreciated also. Thanks to anyone willing to take the time to think well....we can use the help.

Tom

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sorry this is happening to your grandmother . But will be putting her in our prayers .

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Hi Tom:

We will remember you and your grandmother in our prayer. God Loves the world that includes every one of us. May God bless.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you have a smart phone or tablet or whatever portable device you can access the forum on and take to your Grandma, here's a message just for her:

Hi Grandma:

Being in the hospital isn't any fun. And the hospital food....need I say more? Get plenty of rest and ...

305560bbh1s5585h.gif

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
You can count on my prayers for your Grandmother Tom. May Gods healing hand be with her and your family.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Tom ... you and G ma in my deepest thoughts ....
"peace be with you both"

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
My thoughts, prayers, and well wishes are with your Grandma and your family [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

edwardbo

5 Year Member
prayers do work .we will pray for your grand mother and for you too ,open your heart ,let him in.may all be well...

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Tom, I will add you and your grandmother in my prayers. Be strong, and God bless you and your family.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Tommy,

I am going to light a candle of peace and comfort for you and your Grandmother!
She is so lucky to have you at this time.
I'm sorry for the sadness that these times bring.
Take good care of yourself.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 62

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I am so sorry this is going on in you and your grandmothers life. I will have good happy thoughts for the both of you. Please keep us posted and remember, there a lots of members wishing all kinds of good thoughts and wishes your way.

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Hey All,

Thank you so very much for the good thoughts and well wishes. The mass removed looks to be malignant, although were still waiting official biopsy results, the surgeon is pretty sure though.

Its really amazing how from one day to the next, things can change so drastically. Well know more in the coming days.

It means more than you all know to see everyone wishing us well. *hugs*

Tom

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update the tumor was removed from the bladder and has been confirmed to be malignant and fairly aggressive. There wont be much more information for several days because they have to wait for the infection to clear out of the kidneys before they can do anything exploratory.

There are many scenarios that could play out at this point, so in limbo I sit. Thanks again to everyone, when folks come together, good things happen.

TZ