bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
TommyZ said:
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update the tumor was removed from the bladder and has been confirmed to be malignant and fairly aggressive. There wont be much more information for several days because they have to wait for the infection to clear out of the kidneys before they can do anything exploratory.

There are many scenarios that could play out at this point, so in limbo I sit. Thanks again to everyone, when folks come together, good things happen.

TZ

Hi Tom:

Please keep us updated. I will continue to remember you both in my Prayer. He is the healer and comforter.

As I'm a cancer survivor myself, I went through all this. So I kinda understand your uncertainty and maybe hopelessness. It is my faith and the loving care of my friend and family carrying me through Radiation, surgery and then Chemo. Not fun at all but with hope.

Please tell your Grandmother, we are with her, even we never met her or you. It makes no difference.

We love and we care. We don't mind at all.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Sending warm thoughts your way!
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Still here, fingers crossed and well wishes flying your way. Big hugs for you and yours. Positive thoughts can do a lot of good. The best you can, keep it positive.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Ugghhhh, if your like me this waiting in limbo really wears you down. Be sure your taking care of yourself, so you can take care of her. Keeping positive thoughts going your way. *hug*

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just to let you know, we are all still thinking about you guys and sending positive thoughts. :tort:

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Re: RE: If you all wouldnt mind...

Jacqui said:
Just to let you know, we are all still thinking about you guys and sending positive thoughts. :tort:

Thanks a bunch Jaqui, much appreciated. She had another proceedure yesterday to put stents in her kidney to ensure the flow and that the infection clears out. Once that healing is well under way, and she is stonger, its time to kick cancers ***!

We still are not sure of the treatment for the cancer yet. They need to go in and do an exploratory procedure to see if the bladder needs to be removed partially removed not removed at all and treated, and also to see if the cancer has spread to other organs such as her one failing kidney.

Thanks again guys, myself and my family (torts included) do greatly appreciate you all....

And lastly... Eff Off Cancer!!....

TZ

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I hope today's procedure went well and the infection is gone soon, then on to the real war.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It sounds like there is great family love and support. Also, with our support to help you all along, I have no doubt, she can beat this. It won't be easy, but she can do it.
Keeping you all at the forefront of our thoughts and well wishes. Hang in there.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Though I do not pray to a specific God, I do believe in the power of prayer. We do have a connectivity and studies have been done regarding the heeling powers of prayer.
So I just hope and pray that your grandmother licks this and lives many happy years, cancer free.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Still have you and your Grandmother in my thought. As a cancer survivor myself, I know it will be long and hard process. But our heart are with you. Take care of yourself so you can support your Grandma. We are here.

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Thank you so much. Today was her first real meeting with the oncologist now that her other issues are stabilized. She had her PET scan today results tomorrow. Not to get all sentimental, but I love you guys, lol.

She is one of the toughest and strongest girls I know :)

Attachments

• 1390608447687.jpg
    1390608447687.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 64

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Aww, sweet looking lady. You tell her, we are all pulling for her and all of you. She may not now it, but there is a big tortoise family cheering for her:)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
TommyZ said:
Thank you so much. Today was her first real meeting with the oncologist now that her other issues are stabilized. She had her PET scan today results tomorrow. Not to get all sentimental, but I love you guys, lol.

She is one of the toughest and strongest girls I know :)

Yes. She do looks tough. That photo just reminded me for those days I went through. Meeting with oncologist will start the chemo treatment soon. We will be here to cheer her up.

Go Grandma! we are with you.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Glad to hear the other issues are to the point all of you can start working on the cancer part. *hugs*

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Hello All,

Its been a while since ive updated here, thanks to those who checked on me frequently. Much thanks to you Jacqui.

Its with a broken heart that I tell you all that the fight is over, and we have lost. Two days ago, with me by her side, i watched her eyes close for the last time. I held her hand, spoke softly into her ear, as I watched the person who loved me most in my life, go to a place i cant yet accompany her.

Im yet a bit dazed, being distracted by phone calls, arranging services, and of course, the Torts.

Im not ok as it is now, but, I will be ok. In her likeness, she raised a strong man, and I will lead this family as she did, with strength, dignity and most of all....love.

For those that pray, please do so for the most perfect person the world has ever lost, my gram Rita.

Thanks,

Tom