if you have a case of yellow bumps, please read this.

mastershake

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
this is something i really want to post. i hope its okay to do this here because it has to do with health and austwickia.

I'm not sure why sometimes people refuse to disclose where the tort they bought came from especially when its sick or has health issues. by doing so it could help many other people to not end up with sick animals. no one here on the forum is going to say so and so is evil and they are a jerk etc many people selling babies buy them wholesale and they don't even know themselves who or where they came from in many cases. MANY people who say they breed them actually DO NOT. its very well know this happens. with austwickia for example many of them come from a specific place originally they are sold wholesale dirt cheap then someone else claims they were the ones who bred them when in fact they are simply reselling them. some of them do in fact breed. this is even worse. there are some who have bought these animals and added them into their breeding groups and now are spreading things like this to their own animals making this even more wide spread then it already is. this doesn't help anyone including them. it just creates sick animals and heart break for those who bought them only to loose them shortly after or have to put them down which is even harder many times.

if you don't want to publicly post the info please feel free to message myself or any of the respected people here in the forum. I will not publicly post the info but we are keeping a very detailed list of who when and where these babies have come from and it will help to keep that list as accurate as possible this is an important thing especially seeing as this is not going away and every year seems to be more wide spread. only the sellers info will be added to the list and the symptoms your info will NOT BE anywhere on there nor will your forum name.

if i bought a baby and it was sick with this and had to put it down (and yes i have actually had to do EXACTLY that with three in fact we had to euthanize which started this whole diagnostic journey to figure this all out) i would be pissed and upset and i would want people to avoid having to go through that but that's maybe just myself.

again if you don't want to publish the into publicly you are always welcome to message me personally. i am going through some medical stuff myself so i will answer you as soon as i possibly can (my cancer has spread and is not classified as stage 4 sadly so i have lots of appts and treatment but this is very near and dear to me and i WILL RESPOND to you as soon as i possibly can) our phone number is listed in my sig as well as a contact email if you want to even do it off the forum.

i do have labs we work with directly who can test properly for austwickia and any vet can send samples out to them or you are always welcome to get with me and send an animal for testing. we do get a discounted rate and the only thing i ask is cover our cost we charge no more and make nothing at all on this not one penny. but sometimes if you are like me i cant not know. i have to know what happened and why and this can help ease all of this for some people. my box here is always open and our rescue number is also. if its after hours or i am in treatment i will 100% get back to you as soon as i possibly can though. ANY QUESTIONS you have about austwickia you are welcome to ask i will do the best i can to answer them as gently as possibly while still being realistic though and trust me sometimes that's not easy to do.

i hope this helps some people knowing this and ill say thank you in advance if you are willing to share info like that with us. I will respect someone's decision also if they absolutely do not want to share it also. i do not at all want to sound rude or come off like a jerk either here i hope i did not do that.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think people might be worried about the legal repercussions of naming names on an open forum. It would help us if we knew we weren't going to be held liable in a law suit

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
there is no legal reason why someone can not simply say where they bought an animal. thats all they would have to say if i bought it "here". as long as they are not publicly saying they made my animal sick on purpose etc. the list is mostly being used to try to trace them back to the original places they are coming from.