if YOU have a sulcata with the yellow bumps who passed

mastershake

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
IF YOU have one who just passed and you want to help please place in a freezer bag or tupperware immediately (as soon as possible) and place in the REFRIGERATOR and contact me asap. i have 2 who will be done soon BUT we were able to resolve the bumps on them so we will find out whats going on inside but neither of these have the bumps anymore which is part of why i would like to get a new sample here of those as well. the animal would go to the university of florida and they are well known among those working with tort species. we believe the bumps are a secondary issue to another bigger issue. we really need some help to figure all this out and again this is only if your animal has passed or you know they will be passing very quickly. we only need one or two animals. it would help out a LOT of people with their torts. i can keep the cost way down for you as well.

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
I'm going to bump this up really hoping we can find one.

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
IF u have one with these bumps it will be paid for by myself and the lab

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
I have a very healthy Russian. I was just curious as to what the cost is.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I hope you can find out what is causing the yellow bumps and death of the tortoises. I hope someone will help soon. Thank you

zovick

10 Year Member!
Out of curiosity, how much does a necropsy cost?
I have seen necropsies done for between $40 and $75. If lab work is required (cultures, etc.) it will drive up the cost fairly significantly. This case will probably require some lab work and cost more like $250. That is just a guess, though. I haven't had to get one done for many years now.

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
I have seen necropsies done for between $40 and $75. If lab work is required (cultures, etc.) it will drive up the cost fairly significantly. This case will probably require some lab work and cost more like $250. That is just a guess, though. I haven't had to get one done for many years now.
its weight based. so up to 100grams is one price PLUS any lab work or pcr / ifa / genome testing, then up to 1000g, then 2000g and then it changes to pounds. depending on what needs to be done it can be well over 4-500$

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Although I haven't seen one personally. I believe that a lot of these cases stemmed from Sulcata purchased from UNDERGROUND REPTILES here in Broward county Florida.

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
many did but underground doesnt breed them they buy them as do most other places. underground is NOT the only one selling them we have more then a dozen places now on the list. not much other info we can post right now till we have further testing done.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
many did but underground doesnt breed them they buy them as do most other places. underground is NOT the only one selling them we have more then a dozen places now on the list. not much other info we can post right now till we have further testing done.
All from south Florida?
Are you finding that this is a local issue?
Unfortunately Riann ships those all over the U.S. and has a history of not caring too much about animal welfare.
Best wishes in your research.

AgataP

Seattle, WA
I have to say that posts from this weeks were devastating.
So many sick babies, some looking like are decomposed but alive. I am scared to even open any posts when I see sick sulcata.

One bad apple can get the whole basket go bad. ?