Im a little worried my cousins might have given the tortoises to much dry food.

HorrorHaru-Redfoot

Location (City and/or State)
Scandinavian
Im a little worried my cousins might have given too much dry food and mealworm to my tortoises, im not sure about the amount they ate. So I gave them 2 small pieces of prickly pear each, is there anything else i can do or give my tortoise to make the journy out easier ? I thought they might get dehydrated, i filed up the shalow water bowl. And im gona give them a bath tomorow when i wake up so they can drink more water. Good night and thanks in advance

Sa Ga

MN
When my tortie gets a little plugged up, I give her just a bit of banana. Mine's a Russian and I give her about 1/4 to 1/2 of a slice about 1/2" thick. You have a redfoot? You'll probably have to give him a little more.

I haven't had to do it in quite a while now, but when I first got her, her diet and health had been all wonky, so she would sometimes get backed up super badly (not poop for 3-4 days). I read somewhere about the banana trick, and she would poop within 1-2 days after eating it.

Hydration is also extremely important (for this sitch anx in general)! Increase soaks and encourage them to drink more by adding carrot baby food to the water. When u prepare their food, keep as much moisture as you can on it (I will dip it in water rt bf feeding it and not shake it off).

HorrorHaru-Redfoot

Scandinavian
When my tortie gets a little plugged up, I give her just a bit of banana. Mine's a Russian and I give her about 1/4 to 1/2 of a slice about 1/2" thick. You have a redfoot? You'll probably have to give him a little more.

I haven't had to do it in quite a while now, but when I first got her, her diet and health had been all wonky, so she would sometimes get backed up super badly (not poop for 3-4 days). I read somewhere about the banana trick, and she would poop within 1-2 days after eating it.

Hydration is also extremely important (for this sitch anx in general)! Increase soaks and encourage them to drink more by adding carrot baby food to the water. When u prepare their food, keep as much moisture as you can on it (I will dip it in water rt bf feeding it and not shake it off).
Thank you ^_^ sorry for the late reply, it has been a busy week. The store was closed so I didn't get the banana before the day after this post. But they have taken baths, eaten bananas and popped :D