I'm a new member, hello. :D

RussianTort44

I have a russian tortoise in real life. She loves veggies and sometimes strawberries as treats, I named her Squirtle. The nickname I gave her is Squirtle Murtle. Now about me, I LOVE, LOVEE tortoises. Nice I am..don't get on my bad side though. Tortoises and Turtles are fascinating creatures on earth. Teehee :3. My tortoise likes it when i rub under her neck. She ENJOYS it x3. She sleeps in her hay den i made her, She buries herself in it.20150307_085730.jpg 20150307_085723.jpg

RussianTort44

I have a russian tortoise in real life. She loves veggies and sometimes strawberries as treats, I named her Squirtle. The nickname I gave her is Squirtle Murtle. Now about me, I LOVE, LOVEE tortoises. Nice I am..don't get on my bad side though. Tortoises and Turtles are fascinating creatures on earth. Teehee :3. My tortoise likes it when i rub under her neck. She ENJOYS it x3. She sleeps in her hay den i made her, She buries herself in it.View attachment 126572 View attachment 126573
i live in massachuetts too

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Welcome to the forum. I also have Russians. I am new with them. I have had Leopards for 7 years though. This is a great forum with very up to date info on tortoise care. We have many experienced breeders that are always willing to share their gained knowledge.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

RussianTort44

Hello and welcome.

Glad you found us. Fruit is really not good for them even though they like it. Too high in sugar and too low in the calcium to phosphorous ratio. Weeds, leaves and succulents are best.
Check these threads out for some helpful info:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/russian-tortoise-care-sheet.80698/
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...or-other-herbivorous-tortoise-species.107734/
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/
i cut it little.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . Russian torts rule ! What I do and it isn't very often is when my wife fixes strawberrys for us she trims the tops off I feed just the tops . That way they get about 1/3 greens . But you'll get a lot of up to date info. Here ! Enjoy !ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1429480856.243567.jpg

RussianTort44

So, when Squirtle is older....am i supose to get her a partner? Like, do they have to mate when older

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
No your tort don't need company and it don't need to mate ,and it don't need to hibernate . Torts are loners they are very happy alone !

RussianTort44

Her foot...I believe it is shedding...im not sure. I am worried about it. she hates the baths, i try to put her in..she stays for atleast 10 min20150421_134134.jpg *the thing under her is her little play area...before i took this photo. She took a poop :I*