I'm a Newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaSFA

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hey guys! I am new here and thought that I would introduce my Leopard Tortoise, Chuga. He is 6 months old. (When I say he, I am just guessing) Here he is. I will post pictures of his setups later. We just moved into a new house today, so I am planning on totally re-doing his outdoor set up.

Attachments

• Chuga 002.jpg
    Chuga 002.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 88

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Santa Cruz California
Oh he's so cute.6 months would proably be A good estimate.If you redo his outdoor setup post some pics of the new one.:D

AnnaSFA

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Yes, He is very close to being 6 months. He may be a little over. When we got him he still had his egg tooth.

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
YAY! too!

=] anna, dinkanber :( you guys make me jelous!
wish i could keep a leo! ^^ maybe if chester moves to UK, and we get a house together we might be able to get a leo then. Or or 2 horsefields and a leo!

BUT Id love a leo.

Iggy has a beautiful bright blonde, chuga has adorable lil golden scales (kinda golden)
=] both a credit to you both!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
cpx im in the same predicament, i just dont have enough room for all the animals id love to take care of

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have the room...just not the money to buy them:rolleyes:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
AnnaSFA said:
Hey guys! I am new here and thought that I would introduce my Leopard Tortoise, Chuga. He is 6 months old. (When I say he, I am just guessing) Here he is. I will post pictures of his setups later. We just moved into a new house today, so I am planning on totally re-doing his outdoor set up.

He is really a nice colored little tyke. Nice to get to start all over in a new place isn't it? The yard is a clean slate just waiting for you to draw your own picture colored with your special seasoning touches.

Matilda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Gorgeous baby :)

Jacqui have you thought of re-homing some Leopards? When people realise they are getting BIG they often look for new homes for them as they realise they can't look after them properly :(

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have, just haven't happened upon any yet.

Years ago I was really active in our local (90 miles away) club and did their adoptions. At that time I did rehome several animals. The club died and now the nearest ones are now 100 miles and already has someone who takes in all the turtles and torts and then about 250. Usually I can't make their meetings.

Just aren't very many that come up for adoptions in Nebraska. I normally hear about available ones in other locations after the fact. Not worried, someday I will either adopt or buy a couple.

Matilda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thats a shame, hope you find a couple one day. They are really lovely torts :)

Flying Jenny

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Matilda said:
Gorgeous baby :)

Jacqui have you thought of re-homing some Leopards? When people realise they are getting BIG they often look for new homes for them as they realise they can't look after them properly :(

That is what I want to do. We are building a house on 7 and a half acres in Central Florida and we are going to build several large tortoise enclosures and try to adopt. I am especially interested in taking in some large leopards. We are building a freestanding workshop separate from the house that will be right next to the tortoise enclosures and could serve as temporary housing for them in case of hurricanes or very bad weather where they need to come inside. Of course they will have their own "tortoise garages" in the enclosures for regular use. I can't wait. I hope it won't be too hard to find some to adopt once our setup is complete.

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
He is a very cute little tort!! Someday I will have other species, and leopards are at the top of the list!!

Status
Not open for further replies.