I'm Back

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United States
:D I haven't been on the forums very much lately, the chameleon forums stole me away! I thought i'd give an update on my tegu, and introduce the newest members of the bunch. First off, Cato my argentine black and white tegu just turned 1 year old july 2nd, I have not weighed him cause I don't have a good scale, but last time I measured, he was 42 inches! He did not hibernate in winter so thats why he has grown so much. He's still pretty tame, and loves being outside in summer when I take him out. There's been some confusion lately as to Cato's (ahem) gender :rolleyes: Not really sure if he is male or female but was sold to me as male so we will see :) Next up, I never introduced him to my tortoise friends, but I got a panther chameleon back in April this year, he's a blue bar ambilobe named Finnick. He's coloring up nicely and roughly 7-8 months old. And lastly, introducing my birthday present from my lovely lady, little Cashew :D ( nicknaming him Kash) from TortsRus. He will be at his new home july 18th so he will get his big introduction then :)
10354949_10152155302537051_5658274928056780957_n.jpg Cato
10491250_10152155302482051_6590915892708791521_n.jpg 10435540_10152155302427051_8273889674467901927_n.jpg Finnick
image-29.jpeg Cashew (Kash)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
All looking good. My next chameleon will be a panther. I like the veils because of their head but they aren't the friendliest.
Congrats on the new tort.

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
United States
All looking good. My next chameleon will be a panther. I like the veils because of their head but they aren't the friendliest.
Congrats on the new tort.
I was going to get another chameleon, I find them really fascinating to watch and own. I had ordered a Verrucosus chameleon and I thought he looked very healthy but when he got here he continually threw up his food and a week later I woke up to him passed away a day before my vet appt. My problem with chameleons is the species I really like are mostly sold as WC imports and you never know what you're getting into. My favorites are panthers of course, but also verrucosus, mellers, carpet, and werners. My girlfriend however found a jacksons cham and rescued her from the local petsmart. We went straight to the vet and got her eye fixed and all her bruising is healing, and i shipped her to my girlfriend in california and she's been a very good chameleon. Both pickles (the jackson) and Finnick are very friendly, Finnick even wants to come out and pickles will sit on your hand without issues. Veileds are beautiful chameleons as well i love the turquoise kind. My favorite panther locales are nose be, ambanja, and nosy mitsio :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Sorry for your lost and you do have some cutie there. Good to have you back.