I'm Flash : The slowest Tortoise Alive !

MrFlash

My name is flash, and I'm the slowest tortoise alive!

I really don't know much about myself, I woke up one day and found myself in my owner's house while he was watching the flash TV show which he named me after.

Before that, I was in a pet store, in a crowded cage with tens or hundreds of tortoises. I don't know for sure how many, since I've never been to school and don't know counting. In our cage, it was really hard to move, especially for tortoises at the bottom. I guess I was lucky for being one of the smaller ones, which helped me to move in between and climb to the top. My owner was impressed with my strategy and vitality so he picked me specifically.

The one thing that I still remember the most about being in the pet store is my feel of thirst. They never gave us any water! For some reason they thought tortoises never drink and they get what they need from the lettuce! Not that lettuce is the most appropriate food for us! Now imagine living like that for years!

When I first reached my new home, my owner put me in a dish of water and believe me when I tell you, that was the best moment I have ever experienced. Water, the essence of life! I started drinking as if I have never did before which I really haven't. I stretched my legs for a while and slept for more than 24 hours. I remember hearing my owner whispering to his wife that he thinks I am dead. No, my friend; I was dead until the moment I got out of that pet store. I was given a new life, a new home, a new family, thanks to you. That makes me really happy but at the same time, saddened by what happens to my brother and sister tortoises around the world in pet stores.

The next day I woke up and started to gain a sense of self. I am flash, the slowest tortoise alive! And I have my own personality. I can eat, climb, run, burrow and so many other things. But unfortunately, I didn't know exactly how old I am and where my ancestors came from. that information could turn out really useful, since it's related to the specifics of my needs and health care. In my quest for this information, I took some pictures of myself and I intend to post them in the appropriate forum, and I would be thankful for any help or information that could help me know myself better.

Thanks a lot.

Dictated by: flash: the slowest tortoise alive.

Typed by: Abdullah.

keepergale

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
san diego
I enjoyed your story Flash. Can't wait to see your pictures.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
What a great story! Sad, but encouraging. Happy ending for you and hopefully as many of the other baby torts from that crowded place as possible. Looking forward to see your pictures and welcome fromTexas

Gopherus Guy

San Diego, California
Cute story. I love those meant to be things that happen in life. Your a lucky boy, give your new owner a piece of parsnip in appreciation!