belibulu

Location (City and/or State)
Hong Kong
Hi all,
I'm from Asia looking to buy a tortoise. Any breeder has a license and will ship to Asia. Kindly reach out to discuss.
Have had few scammers online and IG trying to sell to me without proper papers (claiming they have them).

Thanks.
Have a great day ahead.

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
Hi all,
I'm from Asia looking to buy a tortoise. Any breeder has a license and will ship to Asia. Kindly reach out to discuss.
Have had few scammers online and IG trying to sell to me without proper papers (claiming they have them).

Thanks.
Have a great day ahead.
CITES is an international agreement on trade of wildlife, and Hong Kong is a member. Both Astrochelys species are CITES I, so no trade except under exceptional circumstances. With that said, there are many people in HK that sell them, not sure how many or if any are legitimately legal animals.

belibulu

Hong Kong
CITES is an international agreement on trade of wildlife, and Hong Kong is a member. Both Astrochelys species are CITES I, so no trade except under exceptional circumstances. With that said, there are many people in HK that sell them, not sure how many or if any are legitimately legal animals.
Oh, so it cannot be sold to Asia?!
someone on IG captive_bred_tortoises, exoticscalesntails.com claim that they got paper work and will ship the tortoises to me with the paperwork. When I asked to see it, he never showed me and requested a deposit for paperwork. The tortoises are over $1000. I saw many says there’re good trustworthy breeders here so I’d thought I give it a try ?

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
Oh, so it cannot be sold to Asia?!
someone on IG captive_bred_tortoises, exoticscalesntails.com claim that they got paper work and will ship the tortoises to me with the paperwork. When I asked to see it, he never showed me and requested a deposit for paperwork. The tortoises are over $1000. I saw many says there’re good trustworthy breeders here so I’d thought I give it a try ?
I don't know if the ones in HK can be sold legally in HK or not, I haven't been familiar with HK animal laws in 2 decades..

Any site offering to ship you an Astrochelys species internationally (and most within most countries too) is a scam. If you can't pick it up in person, or absolutely know the seller, then it is a scam.