I'm Going To Be A Mom Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Without having to go through all of the labor and delivery, I am going to be a mom again. One of my former foster children who aged out of the system has decided she wants to live with us. My husband and I are very happy. We hope to get her on track with driving, job, school, etc. She's a good girl who has gone through more than most of us. She is 19 and her name is Anna. I am happy!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Oh yay, that's great! Good luck and hope it all goes smoothly!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Congrats Dee. Hope it all goes well for all of you. You, Kelly and Tracy are just saints in my book with all you do. :)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks guys! It's just something we do. Anna has been through alot. She was adopted at 15 (I think) and it didn't work. She moved out at 17 and gave it a shot on her own. She just needs a boost. Glad we can help her.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
great news. congratulations, dee!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Congratulations Dee. What a wonderful Val. Gift to give and get. Hearts & hugs to your family. And all of you who work with kids. I have great respect for you all. Happy Valentines day.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks Josh and thank you Robyn. Happy Valentines Day to you also! Give Squirt a Valentine kiss!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Dee: For the past several months I've been toying with the idea of becoming a foster parent. The thing that stops me is that my own children have been fledged for about 20 years and I am VERY much used to living by myself and on my own. I THINK I'm too selfish to share my time with anyone. But I also think I really would like to have a youngster in the house again.

Oh well...I'll keep kicking the idea around and see what happens.

Yvonne

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Yvonne, They are always in need for homes for older children. They are often hard to place. You would be surprised at the ease of sharing time with someone that really needs it!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
jlyoncc1 said:
You would be surprised at the ease of sharing time with someone that really needs it!

bless you for being so altruistic. when it comes time for me to start a family i will definitely be considering adopting a child.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thank you Josh, I actually have 3 biological children, 1 adopted child and now Anna. Adoption is a wonderful thing. Lots of kids need homes! Tons of kids in the USA.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Congrats, I hope everything goes well for you and her!! Adoption is a great thing, my hubby was adopted along with his sister.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Ditto what Dee said! Plenty of older kids (and kids of all ages) need homes, and adoption of older kids especially really is VERY easy in the US!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It's great that she is willing to come back and get help, not trying to stubborn it out on her own.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
It took a while for her to figure it out but she realizes we all need a lift now and then!

Status
Not open for further replies.