I'm inheriting a pair of red foots

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

Location (City and/or State)
England,
With the uvb tube if you go for the one in the picture I'm pretty sure you can link multiple light fittings together to run off one mains plug so you could go for a couple of smaller ones mounted diagonally if that makes sense? Might give you a bit more mounting room if you wanted multiple ches? I'm sure I've seen people on this forum mount diagonally and alternate uv tubes with growing lights for plants
Yes you can. With the T5 kits you can link more than one. I believe you can link up to 10 units or something around that.

Jurassic Pork

Manchester
For a 20 year old girl she doesn’t have much pyramiding at all.
Yeah she's a very lucky girl because she was kept with a cherry head male for the majority of her life and he unfortunately hasn't fared so well. He's great too though and a real character, so I'll have to provide a pic of him too

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
Yeah she's a very lucky girl because she was kept with a cherry head male for the majority of her life and he unfortunately hasn't fared so well. He's great too though and a real character, so I'll have to provide a pic of him too
Bless. Well they are in good hands now. And I’m sure will both thrive.
look forward to seeing more Pics of your beautiful red foots ?

Jurassic Pork

Manchester
Yes you can. With the T5 kits you can link more than one. I believe you can link up to 10 units or something around that.
Hmm I might need to connect two together and put them on the back of the vivarium in that case, unless I can get away with just the one

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
Hmm I might need to connect two together and put them on the back of the vivarium in that case, unless I can get away with just the one
You should get away with one if you can get the 36inch one. As they come with a reflector. If you can’t get the 36inch one then 2 of the smaller ones will be fine.
I got mine from MARP reptile store near where I live £54.99 If I remember right

Jurassic Pork

Manchester
You should get away with one if you can get the 36inch one. As they come with a reflector. If you can’t get the 36inch one then 2 of the smaller ones will be fine.
I got mine from MARP reptile store near where I live £54.99 If I remember right
I think I'll order online because I don't have a decent reptile store near me. There's a Pets at home close by but they have a terrible selection.

Thanks!

Jurassic Pork

Manchester
This is Ray, he's a cherry head redfoot. Like Lola, he's approximately 20 years old. He's got a fair bit of pyramiding going on but he's very active and loves his food. He's a great tort!

He's just having a soak in these photos as he was absolutely covered in dirt.

The guy who I got them from mentioned that they were kept in the same vivarium for years, until he started to bite Lola's back legs, so they had to be separated.

Attachments

• IMG_20200729_212518.jpg
    IMG_20200729_212518.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20200729_205549.jpg
    IMG_20200729_205549.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20200729_205458.jpg
    IMG_20200729_205458.jpg
    948.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20200729_205335.jpg
    IMG_20200729_205335.jpg
    977.8 KB · Views: 4

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
This is Ray, he's a cherry head redfoot. Like Lola, he's approximately 20 years old. He's got a fair bit of pyramiding going on but he's very active and loves his food. He's a great tort!

He's just having a soak in these photos as he was absolutely covered in dirt.

The guy who I got them from mentioned that they were kept in the same vivarium for years, until he started to bite Lola's back legs, so they had to be separated.
You can see the pyramiding but for a 20 year old he looks in great health. I’ve Seen pics of worse pyramiding. Scares me with pumpkin.

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
I think I'll order online because I don't have a decent reptile store near me. There's a Pets at home close by but they have a terrible selection.

Thanks!
MARP is in Mansfield. Look them up online. I’m not sure if they do online orders. But they brilliant for the light fittings. Moss. Live plants hides etc etc.

Jurassic Pork

Manchester
MARP is in Mansfield. Look them up online. I’m not sure if they do online orders. But they brilliant for the light fittings. Moss. Live plants hides etc etc.
Certainly will. Sounds like MARP will have everything I'll need.

Currently I'm using cat litter box lids as their hides. They seem to be working quite well.

I did buy some spagnum moss, but haven't used it yet. I read somewhere that torts will sometimes eat it, so it's potentially harmful. Do you reckon it's dangerous to use moss?

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
Certainly will. Sounds like MARP will have everything I'll need.

Currently I'm using cat litter box lids as their hides. They seem to be working quite well.

I did buy some spagnum moss, but haven't used it yet. I read somewhere that torts will sometimes eat it, so it's potentially harmful. Do you reckon it's dangerous to use moss?
spaganum moss should be ok for your red foots with them being 20+ years old. But don’t quote me on that. You can spray it down to keep the humidity up.
also for hides if you have any empty flower pots big enough for them to get inside you can use them. One on warm side with Timothy hay. And the other on cool side with spaguaum moss In.
ive read a few posts of some members on here doing it that way which seems to work well.
spaguaum moss is £3.99 a bag from MARP.
of instead of the plant pots you can put the moss inside the cat lid to keep humidity up.
pumpkins enclosure is 80% humidity. And 29c/30c. I don’t let it drop below 29c. I use a dimming thermostat. Although the heat bulb I have doesn’t give off light as red foots are not keen on the light. Due to there natural habitat.

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
Thank you. I'll definitely avoid using it then
I THINK I read somewhere it’s only dangerous for the young ones if they eat it. But it is safe for the older ones. Torts eat anything they can get there mouth and feet onto. I always make sure Pumpkin has a pile of fresh greens and fruit almost the size as she is everyday which stops her from trying to eat her hide ?.