I'm prepared to hear the worst.

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
The tortoise was probably sick before you got him/her, when I took mine home she had one hell of a respiratory infection because her previous owners used to shut her heat lamps off at night and on weekends..

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
If a vet visit would be a little pricey for you now, I would try the powder maggie suggested, never used it myself, but it could be worth a try just monitor him and make sure he does not get worse.

M

Maggie Cummings

Forget spraying, just water the habitat with a watering can (or any old thing) and rake or stir it to make sure it reaches the bottom .

That's exactly how I dampen all my substrates, that spraying thing is too much work. And it stays damper (more damp?) longer if you wet it that way and stir it up.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Wish your little one the best, you can tell from your posts how much you care about him.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I would just take a deep breath first of all and realize that if you pay attention to the tort you will find what is normal for the tort...you have not had the tort for that long....go over your checklist and then re evaluate is what you are seeing is really an issue or if you are simply just now getting to know the tort...

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Yeah, I was wondering the update info too... hope he's well.