I'm so in love!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
Just met my new rescue girl. She's approx. 10 years old. She actually looks really great considering the conditions she's been kept in, which is in a dog house, not fed regularly...the guy has gone up to 3 weeks without feeding her, and then throws in tons of mangoes and lets them rot in there. Her plastron is filthy with crap caked onto it, and her nails seemed long to me...but other than that, I was so happy to see she looks good.

I'm sure she'll appreciate a good soak, and our yard to wander around in.

Can't wait to get her home on Friday! We're just finishing up the fence, so she has a secure spot in the yard.

Here she is (no name yet):

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston, MA
She is gorgeous! Look at those big beautiful eyes! She looks so good considering the conditions you mentioned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TortForum mobile app

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. She has a very sweet face. Glad she handled the rotten care pretty good.

tortoisesarecute

5 Year Member
How can someone do that it just breaks my heart! Good luck on coming up with a name she's georgous

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
She is so lucky you adopted her! She scored!
What a beauty!

ILoveTortoises2

5 Year Member
Mansfield, Ma
AAWWWWW she is ADORABLE....... I LOVE her big eyes. I can't wait to see your enclosure you have for her. Would LOVE to see some pics :)

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone! I think she's just so amazingly beautiful. I guess I really had the worst in mind when the guy talked about how he kept her. He got her when he was 14, and was mostly just uneducated with how to treat them...but it turned into him getting bored and not wanting her anymore (hence the not feeding her).

Even though she looks good (maybe due to such high humidity, as he lives at the base of the rainforest?), it breaks my heart that she doesn't get to walk on grass or dirt...just a homemade wooden dog house.

I will definitely post pictures of her enclosure, and of course, more of her too. My friends are coming back tomorrow to hopefully finish up with the fence. It's been raining a lot, so I won't get her cement pool done quite yet, but have several deep soaking dishes.

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
And I cried when I left her...mostly happy tears, so thankful she's going to be mine...also sad that I had to leave her there for a couple more days!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It looks great for having to live like that . Shell is so smooth.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Re: RE: I'm so in love!!

sunshine_hugs said:
He got her when he was 14, and was mostly just uneducated with how to treat them...but it turned into him getting bored and not wanting her anymore (hence the not feeding her).

Despicable....I am glad he has enough sense to give her up for adoption.

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
mike taylor said:
It looks great for having to live like that . Shell is so smooth.

Her shell amazed me! I was totally blown away...although you very rarely see any pyramiding here...maybe because of the constant high humidity? I'm not sure.

Pokeymeg said:
sunshine_hugs said:
He got her when he was 14, and was mostly just uneducated with how to treat them...but it turned into him getting bored and not wanting her anymore (hence the not feeding her).

Despicable....I am glad he has enough sense to give her up for adoption.

What bothered me the most is that he didn't (doesn't) seem remorseful at all....when I was concerned about him not feeding her, he just said that "they don't die easy." Just breaks my heart. She also only had water when it rained...they have a little dish in there (she can't soak, but she can drink), but don't fill it up for her...luckily, he lives on the outskirts of a rainforest where it rains a lot.

Anyway, she's coming home with me soon. :)

Swich said:
She's so beautiful.

I agree! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.