I'm sure this has been asked many times before

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen2030

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, Arizona
What is the smallest and most colorful/visually striking water turtle as an adult? Opinions and best guesses welcome :)

jonathan512

5 Year Member
Concentric diamondback terrapins are the best looking turtles as adults in my opinion :)

If u want a Kool small turtle though if go with black knob sawbacks . They only max out at about 6"

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
jonathan512 said:
Concentric diamondback terrapins are the best looking turtles as adults in my opinion :)

If u want a Kool small turtle though if go with black knob sawbacks . They only max out at about 6"

I like the Concentric diamondbacks as well, They are very beautiful.

chosen2030

10 Year Member!
Mesa, Arizona
Thank you Jonathan512 and bigred for your quick replies! Very much appreciated, and both turtle species mentioned look really cool.

I was wondering if there are any non-native species (i.e from Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, etc) that are equally as nice looking and small?

jonathan512

5 Year Member
Mmm golden thread turtles look neat I think they stay relatively small as well ,males are a good way to go if u want one that stays small

They're from somewhere in Asia

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
You might like the Spotted Turtle. They can be a little tricky for the novice but they're well worth it. And being from Arizona you should be able to acquire one with relative ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.