I'm UN-Introducing myself; see ya TFO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
I've enjoyed educating myself via this forum, and am grateful to all of the wonderful people who offered me great advice over the past month regarding the care of my tort. However, considering all the negativity that is going on right now, including myself having been verbally attacked by 2 different people, simply for sharing information, this is not a place I want to hang out anymore. To everyone who's stayed positive, thank you. I wish you all the best with your chelonians. As for the others... really? Maybe you should think about leaving the forum as well. Get some fresh air. Take up a new hobby. Meditate. Do something useful for humanity. Perhaps you'll learn how to become nicer. The world could use a little more of that.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Every family goes through unpleasant periods in their lives. We are in such a situation now. However, like all families, we will kiss and make up eventually and it will be back to normal soon. You can't desert the ship at the first sign of trouble. Ride it out.

John

5 Year Member
only two attacks thats nothin you should walk in my shoes for awhile.rethink leaving things will get better

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
take a break, but come back..
its really only a few that are causing the stress... must be all the earthquakes etc causing stress for many.. making some depressed.. Im sure once Meds are adjusted things will calm down. Life is a roller coaster and this place is part of life..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Laura said:
take a break, but come back..
its really only a few that are causing the stress... must be all the earthquakes etc causing stress for many.. making some depressed.. Im sure once Meds are adjusted things will calm down. Life is a roller coaster and this place is part of life..

Nope, your wrong...Mark (Madkins) said he was having a beautiful spring-like day and he left the window open. All the common sense and good will flew out the window!

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
Oh Dear i have had some personal problems so i have not be on for a while, so not sure whats been happening but please do not let a few negative comments drive u away. I had a nasty comment left on FB yesterday so i took that person off my list. This place as really helped me learn the correct way to look after Shelby and if i am worried it the first place i come, please do not leave x

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Tracy Gould said:
Oh Dear i have had some personal problems so i have not be on for a while, so not sure whats been happening but please do not let a few negative comments drive u away. I had a nasty comment left on FB yesterday so i took that person off my list. This place as really helped me learn the correct way to look after Shelby and if i am worried it the first place i come, please do not leave x

I'm in the same boat, as far as not being on lately. Seriously just let it all slide off your back like water off a ducks back.
Stick around, don't let others dictate where you like to be.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
I agree, don't let someone else have that effect on where you want to be. I hope you stay, don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch. :D

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
If all the positive people leave that only leaves nagative people. Well maybe not I think that most of the forum members are great people. Even thoughs that are nagative are that way (I think) because of their passion for torts. Anyway take a break and come back in a week or two. It will blow over. Or just don't read posts you think will be negative.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Dont leave please, :(
If you love your torts as i know you do, You will stay on this forum and help others that are new to torts,

You are right though Yvonne this is a family, But as with families, some can be just down right rude to being nasty.
Why do we have to attack each other, we are all doing this for the same reason,
Our passion for torts.
Ok so you get some smart *** know it all and knows S**T.
But they get bored after a week or so and leave.

We can not loose someone with your knowledge, It would be like having a tort without a shell- :p

Fortunately no one has attacked me Yet, but if they do they wont get me down to their level and attack them (depending on my mood) at the time. :D
Please just look at your torts and then look for another tort forum better than this one, Well you wont find one and you know it.. ;)

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
I admit I too have been away for a while and in returning, was - and still am - puzzled by the negative posts. And I agree with the comment, if all the positive helpful people leave, the forum will be populated by the negatives. I won't be easily pushed out of a forum that provides not only education, but friendship and beautiful pics / stories of people and their torts. I agree with Yvonne ~ we're a family going through something of a tough time - I believe it will all even out again.

Hope everyone has a good spring day.

regards

teri

Status
Not open for further replies.