I'm wondering if my sulcata is pyramiding?

Joshua Doud

image.jpg image.jpg

So based on these photos is my sulcata starting to pyramid?
I feed him twice a day
His diet consists of dandelion greens, kale, and the occasional mustard or turnip greens, he also gets a strawberry every now and then.
He has a 12/12 hour light setup and the humidity is at 36%. His basking area is between 83-93 at all times. He is soaked twice a week and I change his water daily. His bedding is Timothy hay.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes he is slightly and is very dry looking. You need to bump the humidity up to 80% and the basking to 95-100 and the all over heat to 80. Fruit are not good for them, so if you have to feed a strawberry don't make it very often at all. Be sure there is water available 24/7 and soak him every day for now for 20-30 minutes in warm water and you need to expand the types of food you are feeding.

JoshGoldberg

What foods would you recommend?
Do you have garden thst you can let him feed on? It cant have any pesticides on it though. Sulcatas like to graze and if you take them out side to a pesticide free area they will do just that. Let him eat the weeds outside to see what he likes. Also try and get eco earth bedding. It holds in humidity very well. Are you using an open top enclosure or a tortoise table?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Do you have garden thst you can let him feed on? It cant have any pesticides on it though. Sulcatas like to graze and if you take them out side to a pesticide free area they will do just that. Let him eat the weeds outside to see what he likes. Also try and get eco earth bedding. It holds in humidity very well. Are you using an open top enclosure or a tortoise table?
You have to be careful about just letting your tort eat out in the yard. If you have weeds and plants that he shouldn't eat cause they are poisonous, then no you may have a sick tort. Before just letting him eat things like weeds, be sure they are tort safe first.

JoshGoldberg

You have to be careful about just letting your tort eat out in the yard. If you have weeds and plants that he shouldn't eat cause they are poisonous, then no you may have a sick tort. Before just letting him eat things like weeds, be sure they are tort safe first.
I posted this after you posted the link about the edible plants. So he could check out the plants then let him roam. Sorry about the confusion