Imagine a world where instead of being on TFO youd be fighting in wars...

Status
Not open for further replies.

erdavis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gainesville, Fl (Go Gators!)
Imagine a world where instead of being on TFO youd be fighting in wars with weapons bigger than you.
STOP KONY.

I only ever come on this sight to do tortoise business and have never posted anything other than tort business. But I think this is probably the most important post I will ever make.
The video is a little lengthy, but I guarantee it is deffinitely worth your while. Please, please, PLEASE watch it.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc[/video]

thank you, please share it with all of your friends and relatives.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
erdavis said:
Imagine a world where instead of being on TFO youd be fighting in wars with weapons bigger than you.
STOP KONY.

I only ever come on this sight to do tortoise business and have never posted anything other than tort business. But I think this is probably the most important post I will ever make.
The video is a little lengthy, but I guarantee it is deffinitely worth your while. Please, please, PLEASE watch it.

Video Link: youtube

Wow. I'm going to try to get this going where I live... I think I can gather some art nerd friends and make posters.

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
EVERYONE PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO

Hi everyone i wanted to bring up this topic because i believe it should be shared, it will take some time to watch but please take the time :(
CLICK HERE

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
RE: EVERYONE PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO

Is there something I can read instead? I hate videos.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California

If this is the KONY 2012 thing, it is worth watching. It is like 29 minutes long though. But a great video.

erdavis

5 Year Member
Bow said:
erdavis said:
STOP KONY.

Video Link: youtube

Wow. I'm going to try to get this going where I live... I think I can gather some art nerd friends and make posters.

Kony2012.com is their website. they sell a package of i think 25 posters for 5 dolloars.
But making posters is awesome too! That's what alot of the people from my school are doing. Even if you can't get posters, get post-it notes! Today I made a BUNCH of post-it notes and put them everywhere I went. I left it on my desk at school for the next students to see, left it in the stall door when I used the bathroom, then by the sink. Left it at the bank where people fill out their deposit/withdrawel slip, and left it at publix where I picked up my tort's spring mix!
This whole thing really is just word of mouth(or post-its), just get people knowing what is out there and how important this is. It just takes a couple extra seconds to go in your purse, or pants pocket, and stick a note somewhere.
1d4faa1549888ee2590f3b3c7f6f9665.jpg

erdavis

5 Year Member

Yes, it is deffinitely worth watching. I started a thread early about this, someone talked about wanting to make posters to get people aware.
Kony2012.com is their website. they sell a package of i think 25 posters for 5 dolloars.
But making posters is awesome too! That's what alot of the people from my school are doing. Even if you can't get posters, get post-it notes! Today I made a BUNCH of post-it notes and put them everywhere I went. I left it on my desk at school for the next students to see, left it in the stall door when I used the bathroom, then by the sink. Left it at the bank where people fill out their deposit/withdrawel slip, and left it at publix where I picked up my tort's spring mix!
This whole thing really is just word of mouth(or post-its), just get people knowing what is out there and how important this is. It just takes a couple extra seconds to go in your purse, or pants pocket, and stick a note somewhere.

e1b337ea0f061031b9cdc43aa53e90bb.jpg

SulcataSarah

5 Year Member

Wow, i can't believe im one of those people that had know idea this exsisted. If there is one thing to get behind, one cause to join in your life, let it be this one.
thank you for spreading the word. Im worried that that date is a little too o and the pessimist in me sees the blanket the night in april going down badly in a few cities (kind of announcy when and where your going to do what some consider vandilism) but still a good idea to get the idea out

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California

SulcataSarah said:
Wow, i can't believe im one of those people that had know idea this exsisted. If there is one thing to get behind, one cause to join in your life, let it be this one.
thank you for spreading the word. Im worried that that date is a little too o and the pessimist in me sees the blanket the night in april going down badly in a few cities (kind of announcy when and where your going to do what some consider vandilism) but still a good idea to get the idea out

Know what you mean, i plan on doing the blanket the night though :) going with some friends, i hope he gets arrested soon!!!(and i dont for vandalism!)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Sorry to be a wet blanket but this video was made in like 2002 or 2003. I am not saying there aren't issues still in that region but the organization only gives 30% of the donations collected to the actual people in need. The charity is rated 2 out of 4 stars by charity watchdogs also which is actually a pretty bad rating. :(

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

nicoleandrocky said:
!(and i dont for vandalism!)

Or the person leaving the post it notes does not get arrested for littering? ;)

Seriously, what are you going to do that would be considered vandalism?

Status
Not open for further replies.