Impacted tort cured by vibrator =0

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
when two people love each other very much they have a "special hug" behind McDonalds. that where babies come from!
See......

School are wonderful right?? I'm so glad you learn all that. But don't do your hug behind Mc Donald. There will be a drive-thru most of them.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Getting creepy? We passed creepy quite aways back, it is been in the rear view mirror for some time.
I am just saying I am not telling anyone it is for a tortoise, i don't need to answer those questions.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I wonder what the science is with the use of the..uh...love device. Does it relax the tortoise so that he can pass the various pieces of junk?

They spend most of the article scolding us for having tortoises as pets.
Constipation can be helped by movement, usually walking. But if the tortoise is so sick that he's not walking at all maybe the vibrator gives enough movement to help with the constipation.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
All joking aside, I do find it interesting that this helped this tortoise pass the ingested stones without surgery. I wish they gave more detail. How long did the tortoise rest on the device during its twice a day treatments? How long did it take for the stones to pass? Did they also soak? Use mineral oil orally or through the cloaca? Is high or low speed more effective at passing this sort of inappropriately ingested item?

If this actually works, it could save thousands of dollars in surgery and untold tortoise suffering. Just imagine having your tortoise's plastron cut open with a saw and its guts pulled out to remove some ingested item. I'd gladly suffer the embarrassment of some adult store shopping to save my tortoise from surgery.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They spend most of the article scolding us for having tortoises as pets.

I noticed that too Jim. Not cool, but that sort of thing is getting more and more common unfortunately. The masses who do it correctly are punished and castigated for the few idiots who don't take the time to read a simple care sheet.

Jim in Merced CA

5 Year Member
All joking aside, I do find it interesting that this helped this tortoise pass the ingested stones without surgery. I wish they gave more detail. How long did the tortoise rest on the device during its twice a day treatments? How long did it take for the stones to pass? Did they also soak? Use mineral oil orally or through the cloaca? Is high or low speed more effective at passing this sort of inappropriately ingested item?

If this actually works, it could save thousands of dollars in surgery and untold tortoise suffering. Just imagine having your tortoise's plastron cut open with a saw and its guts pulled out to remove some ingested item. I'd gladly suffer the embarrassment of some adult store shopping to save my tortoise from surgery.

That was my reason for asking - it's a pretty neat way to assist in a complex problem.