Impacted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanieltheAnvil

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bradenton, Florida
hey guys! I've had my hatchling for 2 weeks now. he is great but in those 2 weeks I've only seen him pee twice. I havent seen anything solid come out of him. He is finally eating in his enclosure but has always been a regular eater when out "grazing" for an hour or so outside.

he has plenty of space and the temp is 90-82 warm side to cool. I use a blend of eco Earth and top soil on the substrate and he seems to enjoy his space. I have soaked him on average 5 days a week for about 20 min since I've had him.

I tried pumpkin but he didnt go for it at all. Any other tips to make sure the poo starts flowing?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Well doesnt sound impacted. Also couldnt get impacted with the substrate you mentioned is in his enclosure. SOmetimes it takes a little while for them to adjust. What age is he when you got him? Do you have a UVB source for the little guy? A good place to hide too? I know when my little guys hatch out it takes a few weeks for them deficate regularly. Sounds like he may be a little to young to be sold to yah. But just a thought. Could you provide photos of his enclosure, and the temps are those all around or is the cool side a bit cooler than 90-82?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Also what is the humidity? Soaking him in a larger area like a clean tub will help move things along. The movement they can do in a tub, walking all over, will help get things moving, should it need help.

DanieltheAnvil

5 Year Member
Bradenton, Florida
hey thanks for the reply. the humidity is always above 60 percent though I would like it higher. the Temp during the day is 90 warm side to 80 cool side and then like 75-78 at night. he gets about an hour of sun everyday in which he takes the opportunity to graze the yard and have a good time. He had a hide box but flipped a few times on it as he was adjusting so I took it out for a bit. but he has large grass pods in there near the sides and this allows for a great hide canopy of grass in the cool side. now that he seems to be adjusted to his new home I'll put the hide box back in soon.

I was told he was born on july 19th so he is about 2 1/2 months old. I dont know if that is too young or not. I think the adjustment part of it makes a lot of sense, I just thought he should have pooped, with the amount of food and water taken in.

I will post pictures of his enclosure when I get off work.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
He may have pee'd and poo'd while outdoors....also, if he poo's he may have eaten it later....I know, ewwww but very common...

Status
Not open for further replies.