Importation of turtles/tortoises/eggs into Canada is illegal (discussion thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbymoore

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Stoney creek ontario
Kristina said:
bobbymoore said:
nah its just the fact that he would be so rude to say it

and its B.S that you can import tortoises i just bought one out of new jersey and hes going to be here friday morning

Tom's comment was sarcastic. He was not calling Canadians ignorant, he meant exactly the opposite. It was a joke.

didnt seem very funny

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
bobbymoore said:
Kristina said:
bobbymoore said:
nah its just the fact that he would be so rude to say it

and its B.S that you can import tortoises i just bought one out of new jersey and hes going to be here friday morning

Tom's comment was sarcastic. He was not calling Canadians ignorant, he meant exactly the opposite. It was a joke.

didnt seem very funny

I agree with the others, Tom was being sarcastic and was not insulting Canadians at all :). Let us know if you receive your little one, I hope you do. The thing is maybe it will work but remember that it is not legal and remember that maybe you will never receive the tortoise because A)he is stucked at the border B) the breeder never sent it and just wanted your money. I would never try to order a tortoise from elsewhere because I would be way to scared that the little one get stuck at the border, I dont think it is a chance to take.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I imagine you could overnight it to canada and just not label it, a big risk for sure, and I am not saying to do so.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Bobby, that was pure sarcasm. I really thought it was obvious, but I guess not. I know lots of Canadians personally and not one of them is ignorant. I have no reason whatsoever to insult Canadians. I was simply trying to insult your government's non-sensical laws. I have a big problem with stupid laws and oppressive government on any side of any border. We have some pretty counter-productive and dumb laws down here too...

I apologize, again, for any misunderstanding of my opinion of Canadians and their intelligence level. Just to be clear, and in plain English, I have NO problem with any Canadians and I do NOT think Canadian's are ignorant.

Well wait. There was one Canadian guy in college who was trying to steal my girlfriend... I DID have a problem with him. But he still wasn't ignorant. In fact he was pretty clever about it. Still, he did not succeed, but I digress...

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Tom said:
Well wait. There was one Canadian guy in college who was trying to steal my girlfriend... I DID have a problem with him. But he still wasn't ignorant. In fact he was pretty clever about it. Still, he did not succeed, but I digress...

LOL

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
What's a Canadian?

bobbymoore

5 Year Member
Stoney creek ontario
i will let everyone know when i get him i did alot of reserch oon this guy and i have talked to people in northen ontario he gave me there phone numbers and i know they were legit because in canada there is a town called peterbrough i have cousins that live there and there area code is a 705 and i called the lady and she said she had NO problem getting it over here and if not im taking a trip to jersey

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
we are just concerned it may be held up at the border, that's all

Ebillan

5 Year Member
I'd think they should still be available at reptile expos, shouldn't they?
I haven't been to one- I should ask my friend who has been- but I would think they'd sell tortoises.
They sell lizards and other reptiles, after all, which also carry salmonella. (Though mind you, tonnes of things do. Cats can even carry it.)

If there's an expo near you, I'd think that's the easiest way to get one. If you're in Ontario, here are the dates & locations; http://www.reptileexpo.ca/

Status
Not open for further replies.