In dark area a lot.

Sasami32

Location (City and/or State)
Mi
With that dainty little tail he has to be a girl.
I think so to . I finally saw it when it was out and looked like a girl to me to. Not sure I will have to get a pic of it again when I can . I just don’t know why she or he hides all the time but will eat good , pee good and poop good . Eyes are good nose is good . Breathing is fine to me and now hides I feel like Zeus is stressed maybe. . Also when outside Zeus is so active and loves it . Also gets soaks and loves that . He also gets calcium to . I was told could be lighting could be just because females do hide a lot still young to . Other then that I just hope Zeus is ok .

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
Just shy and getting used to new digs. She should come out of her shell in time and with whatever handling is needed. Just move fairly slowly and hold securly so she's not as afraid of being dropped.

Sasami32

Mi
Just shy and getting used to new digs. She should come out of her shell in time and with whatever handling is needed. Just move fairly slowly and hold securly so she's not as afraid of being dropped.
Yea I mean it’s been just 3 months . Zeus was fine then was out in enclosure running around to and I mean it’s 6 ft long to so it’s pretty roomy ! Has water to in a little bowel . Just wants to be hiding now . Will take Zeus out later today for some sun after I work . I’m blessed to work at home as well at least for now . I’m in Michigan so weather is crazy here . My friend said it could be all the storms we been having that Zeus is hiding but not sure . Zeus is inside most of the time . But has a area outside to roam .

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
Generally tortoises like rain if it isn't cold. Funny that slugs and snails have something in common with tortoises. Lightning and thunder might be another thing though.

Sasami32

Mi
Generally tortoises like rain if it isn't cold. Funny that slugs and snails have something in common with tortoises. Lightning and thunder might be another thing though.
Yea it does all the thunder and lightning bad . But Zeus is inside . I checked the temps everyday and humidity is good a d heat . So I think just shy like you said but idk one more week I’ll call my exotic pet vet again .