In love with a potted plant?

Juan20669

Location (City and/or State)
Panama
OMGosh! I am so sorry you took my 'advice' that way. I in no way meant any disrespect. Seriously. I simply wanted to spare you the regret of losing a pet to an accident of some sort. So for that I do apologize. But now that you are offended anyway...you are stressing your tortoise out by your treatment of him...oh and my cats also prefer my Norfolk Island Pine to any of my other plants... :)...now can we be friends?
There was no need for you to apologize, if he got offended its on him, At the end of the day you are doing what is best for the animal, i've dealt with many people that are horrible keepers and the best way to deal with them is to tell them the facts straight up, unapologetic.

Juan20669

Panama
There was no need for you to apologize, if he got offended its on him, At the end of the day you are doing what is best for the animal, i've dealt with many people that are horrible keepers and the best way to deal with them is to tell them the facts straight up, unapologetic.
One time I rescued two red foot tortoises that had severe pyramiding one of them was seriously stunted and deformed. They kept them indoors, in a tiny corner, cold, dry, no sunshine. I assume their diet was sh*t too. Even after I let them know what was going on with their animals, basically told them they where going to die, they still wanted to keep them because of sentimental attachment. I had to basically force them to give them to me, I had them crying on me and sh*t. I kinda felt bad for a moment but then I realized that who tf cares if they get sad or mad, think about the poor tortoises that have been living like **** for decades, as a matter of fact f*ck the owners.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
It is fine I understand your concern. He seems bored in his inclosure though, pacing the edges and knocking his shell against the sides like he wants out. Do you think it would be bettter to just leave him in constantly?
Yes, I do and other members here will tell you the same..as an OTR truck driver I have picked up and delivered in Wyoming, one of my favorites. But your weather stinks. I am not a Redfoot expert by any means...but I am educated in most tortoises. My advice to you as should have different I caught the word 'glass'...take something like newspaper and wrap it around the outside of the tank to up abt 6 inches so the tortoise does not become confused by looking out and thinking he can go thru the glass and get out. If he can't see out he will settle...I'm sorry I didn't realize he was in a glass habitat..I hope this helps this late, I didn't catch that glass word...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
that is soo terrible
He was hiding behind the door and his head was in the part of the door that is connected by hinges...she squashed his head in it...gosh, it was awful to me then...and still. I operate a small special need turtle and tortoise rescue... so I have had them die on me...but never squashed any like that...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
One time I rescued two red foot tortoises that had severe pyramiding one of them was seriously stunted and deformed. They kept them indoors, in a tiny corner, cold, dry, no sunshine. I assume their diet was sh*t too. Even after I let them know what was going on with their animals, basically told them they where going to die, they still wanted to keep them because of sentimental attachment. I had to basically force them to give them to me, I had them crying on me and sh*t. I kinda felt bad for a moment but then I realized that who tf cares if they get sad or mad, think about the poor tortoises that have been living like **** for decades, as a matter of fact f*ck the owners.
I feel exactly that way also...I am constant finding sick, leg less, mentally disturbed and blind turtles or tortoises in a box at my door. So generally I don't know how they had lived. I have been brought t and tortoises that were so sick they died on me in a few days...the owner treated the whatever it was so badly...then drop it off in a box, so this old lady has to afford my Exotic Vet $75 a visit to help them...so I pay for their treatment...and I am the one who cries when they die. And I always think why didn't you drop the animal sooner...I 'might' have been able to save then

Sa Ga

MN
I feel exactly that way also...I am constant finding sick, leg less, mentally disturbed and blind turtles or tortoises in a box at my door. So generally I don't know how they had lived. I have been brought t and tortoises that were so sick they died on me in a few days...the owner treated the whatever it was so badly...then drop it off in a box, so this old lady has to afford my Exotic Vet $75 a visit to help them...so I pay for their treatment...and I am the one who cries when they die. And I always think why didn't you drop the animal sooner...I 'might' have been able to save then
Bless you, Mags. ❤

KBeam

Central Illinois
View attachment 285674 Hi, my Hermans tortoise is in love with my norfolk island pine! I have other potted plants on the floor but he goes strait to this one when I let him out to wander the house and will just do circles around it for hours! Please any ideas?
Hello fellow Wyomingite! Although now I‘m in illinois. One thing I do in my house is have radiant floor heating in my master bath. Something I learned from a cousin in Thermopolis. It’s a people and tortoise pleaser in the winter! The tortoise under supervision, of course!

Blastoise

5 Year Member
It's a nice spot on a good piece of slate, what's not to love? My spot is on the couch. That's like his version of the couch lol.

Jnics10

5 Year Member
Chicago
Oooohhhh yes, my tort and I have plans to install radiant heat throughout the house when we move... Although we're moving to Arizona, so maybe it's just as well that I keep the air off, lol