Inactive sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffinthetort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kentucky
My 9 months old sulcatta has been quite a bit less active than normal for the past two days.
He's still been eating and pooping, but normally he spend all day traveling around his enclosure. He's even been less active during his outside time, preferring to just lay there instead of running around eating everything he can get ahold of.
The day before I noticed him being less active his humidifier malfunctioned and stayed on the entire day which resulted in everything in his enclosure getting all soggy and his temperatures not being as high as they should have been. When I got home from work I noticed he was on top of his log hide so he wasn't sitting in water. I realized what had happened so I changed out everything so it wasn't soggy and put him in a warm soak to heat him up a bit. Since then he's been only moving over to his food plate and then laying in the same place all day.
Is there anything I can do that might help him perk up a bit?
If he stays like this, how long should I wait before taking him to a vet?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It sounds like he may have gotten cold while being too wet. I would suggest upping the temp in his enclosure for a few days just in case he picked up a respiratory infection.

Muffinthetort

5 Year Member
Kentucky
Yvonne G said:
It sounds like he may have gotten cold while being too wet. I would suggest upping the temp in his enclosure for a few days just in case he picked up a respiratory infection.

We have raised his temperature and I place him in his basking spot in the mornings, but he inststs on staying on the cool side of his enclosure.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
We are only talking about 2 days here. If the inactivity heads for 2 weeks, then I might start to get concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.