Indian baby star tortoise

RossT

image.jpgHello everyone..
Burhanuddin aka ross here..
I am a new born baby in this forum world very much new actualyy.
I have recently bought 4 pairs of Indian star tortoise and a black colour tortoise whom I don't know to which species he/she belongs.
I already had a baby Indian star which I had bought 2-3 months back. She is female and her name is PIKACHU. :D
I would be very much helpful if any one of you can identify the species of the black colour tortoise
Hope all of u like picture of pikachu's gang.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

tellablue

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
What a beautiful looking bunch. I'm new, too. The black one is very pretty. It is hard to tell from the picture, but is it spotted? It almost looks like a spotted turtle, but I have no idea what species yours is. Sorry. Just admiring the collection.

KenS

10 Year Member!
New York
Nice group of Indian stars you got there. The other turtle is a black pond turtle (Geoclemys hamiltonii), also known as the spotted pond turtle. It is a water turtle and it needs to be in a water set-up, not kept with or like the Indian Stars.

Ken S

India
Great stars. Lovely. I loved the way you have arranged them. Every star's is different from other. Congrats. I have only one star. I too want more.

Star's design*

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
yeah....................It is a bunch lovely looking stars....

How you train them to line up like that?????????

RossT

@bouaboua very simple..u just need 2 hands.. Now just pick one of them and keep there in the line and repeat the same procedure and u vl be r der..:p
@kens I just wanted to know is this spooted turtle semi aquatic or fully aquatic.. Kindly plz help me out as I have no idea to take care of this turtle.. Kindly guide by ur personal experience.. Wud be very much thankful :)
Really thanx to everyone for appreciating :D

tellablue

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Turtlesource.com has a good reference page on the black spotted turtle. The site says they are endangered. Good luck!

KenS

10 Year Member!
New York
RossT said:
@bouaboua very simple..u just need 2 hands.. Now just pick one of them and keep there in the line and repeat the same procedure and u vl be r der..:p
@kens I just wanted to know is this spooted turtle semi aquatic or fully aquatic.. Kindly plz help me out as I have no idea to take care of this turtle.. Kindly guide by ur personal experience.. Wud be very much thankful :)

It is a pond turtle which would make it a aquatic species. It does come out to bask/lay eggs ect.

RossT

KenS said:
RossT said:

It is a pond turtle which would make it a aquatic species. It does come out to bask/lay eggs ect.

Sow should I keep him in water, whole day and night..??