Indian star tortoise...heat stroked

Rishabh_leo

Location (City and/or State)
India
My Indian star tortoise was heat stroked as he was mistakenly kept under sun for an hour. His body was stiff and was not able to move properly for a day. After that he drank a lot of water. Next day he started moving with the same way as he used to do previously but he is not eating having thing. He has vomited twice and not eating anything! I am worried how will he neutralize again? And why is he not eating anything... Its the 4th day now. IMG-20180422-WA0060.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Place him in a little tub of warm water daily and let him soak for about 20-30 minutes.

Do you keep the tortoise in an enclosure in the house, or is he outside? Make sure he has plenty of shade. In the house you can provide a few plants in the enclosure for him to hide next to and get shade from. Just give him time and hopefully he will come around.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
What's the news here? How is he doing?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How is your little one doing? Make sure his outdoor enclosure has half shade all the times of the day so this can't happen again. Uvb will even reach him if he is in shade as long as it's not solid shade like a roof but filtered like through leaves.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Not feeling good about this one. Hope I am wrong!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not feeling good about this one. Hope I am wrong!
I hope your wrong too. Not uncommon for members that aren't real active to only come on for help, which is fine. Just always nice to know what happened. Specially if it's a good outcome.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I hope your wrong too. Not uncommon for members that aren't real active to only come on for help, which is fine. Just always nice to know what happened. Specially if it's a good outcome.
I really hope for good news too!!! The fact he was vomiting and not eating, scared me.

Rishabh_leo

India
Place him in a little tub of warm water daily and let him soak for about 20-30 minutes.

Do you keep the tortoise in an enclosure in the house, or is he outside? Make sure he has plenty of shade. In the house you can provide a few plants in the enclosure for him to hide next to and get shade from. Just give him time and hopefully he will come around.
Thanks... He is fine now