Indian Star Tortoise not eating - Found Tortoise ticks

indianstar.aj

Location (City and/or State)
Hyderabad,India
Guys, it's been more than 10 days I have brought a new Indian Star Tortoise to my home. But since then I never saw it eating the food. I'm very much worried about it. When I rescued it, it was having two tortoise ticks on either side of head. With the help of my cousin we have removed them successfully.
Need help in sorting out the issue. Guys please help me.

PA2019

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
Thanks for joining our forum.

We can help but....You need to post pictures of how you are keeping the tortoise AND tell us the following.

1) the temperature in the hottest part of the enclosure

2) the temperature in the coldest part of the enclosure

3) If the Tortoise is housed alone or with other tortoises/animals

4) If the Tortoise has access to unfiltered sunlight, meaning direct sunlight instead of through a window etc... or what kind of uvb bulb/tube you are using

5) The diet of the tortoise, such as what you have tried feeding it so far.

6) What kind of substrate you have. Meaning, what the floor of the enclosure is (dirt,coir, carpet etc)

7) if the tortoise has access to water for drinking and if you soak the tortoise(how often, what temperature is the water)

There might be other questions that we ask but those 7 should give us enough to start helping you

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The most common cause for a tortoise to stop eating is because he's not warm enough. Even though you live in a very warm country, you still need to position a light over the tortoise's enclosure. I'll be watching to see your pictures.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Another thing, I know dogs can get what is called tick fever. It makes them really sick and lethargic. I don’t know if torts can get this too but it might be worth checking. I believe it may take antibiotics to clear it up. But I don’t know for sure.