Indian star tortoise white eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhaparth2006

5 Year Member
Hi guys,

I have an Indian star (have him for 3 years now). It is eating well, popping well and drinking well always.

In the past few months, she has developed a white lining around her eyes. The eyes are shiny clear, but the white growth worries me. I have placed her on paper substrate s she trends to eat all other stuff. She is active generally but I note stay away and my mother takes care of her most of the time. After this observation, I have started soaking her every day for 20 mins, but no improvements are visible in the past 10 days. Any help on the same would be great. Please note that I don't have a vet available.
2ewywpv.jpg
[/img]

jhaparth2006

5 Year Member
Can someone please help me out with this

Sent from my Nexus 4 using TortForum mobile app

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn, New York
Hi, I am not sure if I see anything wrong with her eyes. More photos may help.

~C

Please copy this problem into the Star section of the forum. Maybe other Star owners will be able to help you.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
They look more or less normal to me...maybe ever so slightly swollen. What do you feed? What kind of light are you using? How close to the back of the tortoise is the light hanging? Does the tortoise ever get any real sun? try to find some kale and turnip greens. These are both high in vitamin A. When a turtle or tortoise isn't getting enough Vitamin A it shows up as swollen eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.