Indianapolis area rescue needs help!

Amanda1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Plainfield, IN
I volunteer with A Critter's Chance exotic pet rescue. We lost a lot of volunteers last year following the unexpected death of our president and founder, but a few of us are trying to pick up the pieces and keep the group going. The few fosters that are left (myself included) are taking care of a lot of animals, and we aren't having much success adopting them out. I'm hoping fellow TFO members in the area can help, either by adopting animals or by volunteering themselves. We need more volunteers to foster and/or help with educational and fundraising events. If you are interested, please PM me and I can send you an adoption or volunteer application.

The animals we have available for adoption are pictured on our Facebook page. We don't have any torts right now, but keep checking back if you're interested because we do get them in. Mostly Russians and sulcatas.
https://www.facebook.com/ACrittersChance

We also have several members who do wildlife rehabilitation (not me, but others), so if you're interested in that we can get you set up with someone to train with and help you get your DNR certification.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
How I wish you were closer to me. I'd be very interested in volunteering if you were. Especially with wildlife rehab.

Amanda1

5 Year Member
Plainfield, IN
I wish you were closer too! But I'm sure there's something in your area, you could try asking your local DNR about it if you really want to rehab.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
I wish I was closer too. There are some beautiful animals in your care. I hope they get loving homes. I love the Cockatiels!!

Amanda1

5 Year Member
Plainfield, IN
Thanks! I agree, some of the animals are lovely, I'm so surprised no one's snatched them up! People seem interested, and then they find out they have to fill out an application and we never hear back from them.

We have 10 cockatiels in the group right now (I'm fostering 3). They are hilarious! Two of mine know some "songs" that they sing every morning after they hear my alarm go off, then they scream and dance around when I walk in the room.