Indoor Enclosure Appreciation ??

KhairulTort

Location (City and/or State)
Colombia
I just did a bit of a clean up of the substrate in the tank and I’m kinda digging it right now. I know I’m going to have a lot of fun giving him a big outdoor garden eventually. All the plants are fake except for the grass. He likes hanging out on the elevated bit and digging down into the hide next to the feeding rock
Would love to see all of your made up indoor setups too!!! 0B3B5E93-DB92-469E-87AB-6ABC6A965248.jpeg2430F3BF-A290-4FAB-AD47-9267A5ABDD34.jpeg54199FDB-80FC-4F09-BB25-0149DA271061.jpeg

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I like your enclosure! Those 2 big round things...are they a hide inside a hide? Are they plant pots?

Whatever, it's unusual, and to me, very pleasing to the eye.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
It’s about 4’5 x 2’
Aww it’s like a little cave in there! Do you close it all up at night?
What kind of tortoise are you keeping? Do they play with that ball?
Yea, that was with the 'door' open so I could show whats inside lol, but it has a window and a flap so when its night time he gets complete dark even if we have all the lights on. Sorry about the condensation right now and the bowl. Hes soaking lol. Its a 4ftx2ft as well ?20200606_071047.jpg
20200606_071331.jpg
And its for a little leopard ? and he doesn't play or push the ball yet, right now I just catch him using it to do that really cute butt scratch thing lol ? its just in there to give him something to do just in case lol
20200605_225035.jpg

KhairulTort

Colombia
That scute at
Yea, that was with the 'door' open so I could show whats inside lol, but it has a window and a flap so when its night time he gets complete dark even if we have all the lights on. Sorry about the condensation right now and the bowl. Hes soaking lol. Its a 4ftx2ft as well ?View attachment 296574
View attachment 296575
And its for a little leopard ? and he doesn't play or push the ball yet, right now I just catch him using it to do that really cute butt scratch thing lol ? its just in there to give him something to do just in case lol
View attachment 296576
That front scute looks like a smiley face! Adorable. Don’t apologise for tortoise mess! Mine is on coir by itself so things get messy quickly.
It’s honestly a really smart setup you’ve got there. Probably way more budget friendly considering you have to upgrade eventually too! Are the plants in there alive? I would love to grow things but I don’t think the uvb bulb does much for them.

KhairulTort

Colombia
That scute at

That front scute looks like a smiley face! Adorable. Don’t apologise for tortoise mess! Mine is on coir by itself so things get messy quickly.
It’s honestly a really smart setup you’ve got there. Probably way more budget friendly considering you have to upgrade eventually too! Are the plants in there alive? I would love to grow things but I don’t think the uvb bulb does much for them.
Oh and happy birthday!!!

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
That scute at

Thats my favorite scute!!!! ? I'm glad you said it because I thought I was just making thinks up because I love him lol
Yea, I had to get something that could be a closed chamber quick because I got all the bad initial info, then found this place. It has worked out amazingly and it was only about $50 so I was able to get it so much quicker! I'm planning on getting some pvc cages from Mark on here because his combine to make even bigger ones eventually but for now he's happy so I'm happy lol.
Only one of those plants are lives and its a pothos. It seems to love it in there! You should try grabbing a small one of those and see if it likes it. They don't need much sunlight really so it would probably work out fine. I have a black thumb and its still alive for me lol

And thank you!!!

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I would love to see him play with his ball!
Its the cutest thing ever!! He backs up to it just right then swishes his bootie! ??
I've been trying to get it on video, but when he sees me he stops like an embarrassed kid lol