Indoor Enclosure Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
I have been sifting through the enclosure topic looking at all different indoor enclosures. Well for christmas my dad has agreed to make me an amazing tort. table!!!!!(yes I would ask for something for my tortoise for christmas :p) So I want all your dream tortoise table sketches so maybe I can make a tort table that sort of resembles them. Size doesnt matter because if it is to big or to small I can always adjust that. By the way it is for a 2-3 month old sulcata.

LindaF

5 Year Member
You are very special to ask for Christmas gift for Chevy. You are a very good tort owner.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
How large a tortoise-table can you get away with? See if there's any way it can be at least 8'(L) X 4'(W) X 18"(D)...that'll last Chevy for a least a few years (unil he/she is about 12" long).

You might be amazed at how fast a sulcata can grow...otoh, if you ever decide to add a European tortoise or similar sized species, the table can be used for many more years.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I agree with Terry, have him build as big an enclosure as possible, to last Chevy as long as it needs to. To reduce the "shrinking enclosure" effect as he grows, you can section off the enclosure and just make that section bigger and bigger as he grows until he has access to the whole table. :)

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
I just got a underbed storage box so Chevy can have more room until my dad completes the tort table!!!
21qHYuhDTCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.