Indoor enclosure size for multiple cherryhead redfoots?

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I am in the process of designing an indoor enclosure for a cherryhead redfoot tortoise. My human inclination is to want more than one cherryhead, but I also know that what I want is not necessarily the best thing for a little tort. Anyway, what I want to know is what size of indoor enclosure would I need to build for two or more cherryhead tortoises?

Thanks

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
BIG....if you are going to house multiple torts in the same space...BIG. If you are going to primarily house the torts indoors for night or only for severe weather then perhaps not as BIG....I have smaller indoors digs for when the torts are indoors (night and cold weather) since they are now spending more time outdoors....as they transition to spend more time outdoors when they get back indoors at night they eat, bask a bit and then hunker in for the night/stay....

Wait around and see what others advice if the torts are required to remain indoors more...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Rule of thumb, square foot for every square inch of tortoise, times how many you have. Lots of hides, and sight barriers.

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
Rule of thumb, square foot for every square inch of tortoise, times how many you have. Lots of hides, and sight barriers.
Thanks. It looks like I'll start out with one tort then. I kind of thought that was going to be the case. That's just another reason for me to start work on an outdoor enclosure.