Indoor Greek Tort Enclosure: Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNorwegian

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bergen, Norway
Hello, Im going to make a new enclosure for my Greek Tortoise.
He is About 5 inches long, so how do you think i should build the enclosure.

Any Ideas? Photos of how i should do it?

Thank you!

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
TheNorwegian said:
Hello, Im going to make a new enclosure for my Greek Tortoise.
He is About 5 inches long, so how do you think i should build the enclosure.

Any Ideas? Photos of how i should do it?

Thank you!

Hi
We built a tortoise table for our 3 red foots. It is 8 feet by 4 feet, we used wood and on the inside because we need lots of moisture in there we lined the inside with the same material that signs are made like a plastic corrugated type thing-sorry the official name left me.
the Greeks do not need as much humidity depending if you have the dark ones or the golden but it would be easy to clean out with the plastic on the inside.
We use little plastic garbage bins for hides and try to keep some moist substrate in them too. There is UV under the wooden hood and a mister too but the mister is pretty useless with hard water so we end up just watering the whole thing with a watering can.

I think you could go smaller with Greeks but obviously the bigger the better for any species if you have the space.

If you have any questions please forward them on , my husband built it so would be able to help with design etc if needed.

LouiseCopy of March 2010 385 (Large).jpgApril 2010 013 (Medium).jpgApril 2010 015 (Medium).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
We have plenty of photos here in our Enclosure section. Just look through our posts and you'll find tons of pictures :)

TheNorwegian

5 Year Member
Bergen, Norway
Wow, Thank you very much Louise! I got some ideas now for how im going to make it..

Yes, I know FernandoM. I found both pics and good info.

Thank you again, to both of you! :)

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
RE: Indoor Greek Tort EnclosuHelp?

TheNorwegian said:
Wow, Thank you very much Louise! I got some ideas now for how im going to make it..

Yes, I know FernandoM. I found both pics and good info.

Thank you again, to both of you! :)

Hi
You are very welcome.There are much more sophisticated enclosures out there but ours works well for our Redfoots.I have wondered about adding a partial cover to lock in more air humidity-may try that out especially in our dry winters indoors.

Good Luck with building an enclosure-its great to see all the photos on this site-a lot of creative people with neat ideas-its fun to see.

Best of luck
Louise

TheNorwegian

5 Year Member
Bergen, Norway
Greeks dont need as much humidity as Redfoots need, right?
I cant start building the new enclosure yet, so I've got time to plan it so it can be as perfect as I can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.