indoor house question

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_red_tortoise

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
I have my 5 month old redfoot inside in a plastic under the bed container. I have been reading a few posts here and there and it seems that the clear sides of the container arent good. Whats everyone's opinions about this?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I would suggest covering sides with opaque covering.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think they were referring to a glass enclosure. Usually those plastic under-the-bed-tubs are opaque enough that it doesn't cause the tortoise any stress. Its when they are in glass that they have a problem. However, if you think your tortoise is trying to get out because he sees through the sides, then, by all means, cover the sides.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I have a tote that is made for a xmas tree. It is like the ones they make for underbed-semi transparent milky looking plastic. Some of the torts I have had in there seem to stress and dig at the sides and some have not. The ones that did I simply put duck tape on the outside of the container at their eyesite level and that solved the problem.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I think I must have the same Christmas Tree tote, Robyn. I planted in there for my Pio (cherry head), and put him outside in it. I made a screen top for it. It is in the shady side of the house, but it gets some morning sun. It really is a nice size tote. I never saw him try to get out the sides or even look out. He is too bush eating.
056.jpg

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yep, Terry that looks like the same one and you have it beautifuly planted for Pio.
I am hoping to pick up a couple more this December for some of the rescues always nice to have some around when you need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.